Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Lazy pump

Sometimes when I unlock my car the drivers side door does not unlock. The door pin comes up almost fully then decides it can't be ar$ed going the rest of the way. Luckily it hasn't happened anywhere publicly or when it's been raining but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Plus, when I lock my car, after a couple of seconds I hear a faint whoosh from the drivers door. I suspect the pump for the central locking is knackered or on the way out. Any ideas?

check the vacuum pipe into the drivers door mechanism. You can also adjust it so that it pushes the lever fully up to open the lock

door card need to come off tho

Late Cs don't have vacuum pipes in the doors as the handles are electronic. Could be the handle or the pump. I reckon it is the pump though and my advice to you is to fit one from an Audi 80/100 as they're more robust and quieter, oh and quicker too. You turn the lock and the door pins drop like bricks, silently!

Kev

94 VR6

Late Cs don't have vacuum pipes in the doors as the handles are electronic. Could be the handle or the pump. I reckon it is the pump though and my advice to you is to fit one from an Audi 80/100 as they're more robust and quieter, oh and quicker too. You turn the lock and the door pins drop like bricks, silently!

Kev

94 VR6

?????are you sure kev?????as far as i'm aware the handles only have an electronic connection for signalling the total closure to operate........and so would still need some sort of vacuum pipe in the door(with it being a vacuum operated C/L system......my passenger door was doing the same thing as biggrim's and it turned out to be the latch had started to seize up......so after getting the handle off and greasing both the handle and latch its been as good as gold

Yes silly me you're right, doh! I had my door apart recently so should have known that really :?

Ignore me, it was late!

Kev