Sign in to follow this  
kongo127

My clutch is cracking...

Today with the car turned off i noticed that when i press the clutch pedal i can hear some cracking sounds while i am pressing it to the floor. :shock:

But it seems to come from the engine bay... :roll:

Any ideas? :wink:

hmmmm... :oops:

I mean it makes noises like it was a stressed old clutch cable (older cars have it).

But corrado´s clutch is hydraulic... :roll:

Mine made possibly a similar noise and I believe it is the pressure plate on it's way out. Someone may correct me here but the addition of a new VR6 clutch into my G60 soon eliminated it!

a lot of people have said about this, i think its normal mine used to do it before i changed the clutch when it exploded (nothing to do with the creaking dont worry)

i gave all the pivot points on the clutch release arm a good coat of copper slip and i think that helped

as long as the clutch still works well and feels ok i wouldnt worry about it

you may also find that a little grease applied to the pedal's pivot will cure it... ;) the amount of muck, sand and grit that gets down there off your feet is unreal, and at least some of it's gonna get onto the pivots during the life of the car... :|

a lot of people have said about this, i think its normal mine used to do it before i changed the clutch when it exploded (nothing to do with the creaking dont worry)

i gave all the pivot points on the clutch release arm a good coat of copper slip and i think that helped

as long as the clutch still works well and feels ok i wouldnt worry about it

This creaking is common to most 02A cable boxes. I know of 4 Corrados that do it and Vince and I spent a few head scratching minutes trying to figure it out on mine. The noise is coming from inside the bell housing, so not pedal or slave cylinder related.

I actually think it's the ceramic ball on the actuator rubbing on the metal socket of the release arm as mentioned above, and yep, greasing the ball and socket helps, but not for long unfortunately :x