Sign in to follow this  
Red=Fast

My DIGI 1 N/A 2.0L 16v Project finally drives - video (US)

here is the link for a quick teaser video i did. it is 24mb. and in .mov format (quicktime is required to view it - unless you have a movie player that will play .mov files)

http://www.shovelbeating.org/~josh/movi ... 0drive.mov

or go here:

http://www.shovelbeating.org/~josh/movies/

and right click on "16v Corrado 1st drive" (its at the top of the list) and choose "save target as..." and save it to your computer.

anyways, i hope you guys enjoy. dont worry about the ending of the video, everything is fine now. =] heh.

You make some damn cool videos mate.. congrats on getting your Corrado up and running alright :)

thanks. =] i did that video in like 2 hours (including time to film and whatnot) i didnt spend much time on it. it could be better. =P

Needs some more high speed passes in the shots of you going into the corners :)

very cool video!! what was the sound track? i did a similar thing with my crx but the final file was 90 MB and i dont know where to host it :lol:

i'll be doing one of my corrado when its finished so i'll try and make it smaller and ask andi to host it on fast purple

so what was up with the engine...all that steam...is it ok now?

lol yeah it is fine now. the blue coolant temp sensor somehow popped off of the flange and spilled coolant and created all of that steam. all i had to do was walk 40 feet up the road, get some coolant/water fill it back up and put the sensor back into the flange. it really wasnt any kind of real problem. we found it to be quite amusing.

as for the song, it is "Let go" by the band Frou Frou.

i will have some high speed shots as soon as the engine is broken in and running a bit better. it still needs some a good amount of tuning. =]

Dude, that is the coolest homemade vid I've seen in a while. Thanks for enteraining me during that three minutes and eight seconds of my life - respect due. That song kicks arse too.

Who's that hiding in the back of the car looking a little pi55ed off at the end?!

That is an awesome watch, do like that. That song compliments the video very well. Did especially like the first 'S' bend in the middle, almost looked too perfect and polished a la TV advert style!

Did get me laughing at the end

"my (something) popped out."

"really?"

"yep"

"weak".

Tickled me good. Right, off to find that band now...

ta-ta

randal

wow, thanks guys =] it means a lot to hear positive feedback like this.

that was my girlfriend, it was her first ride in my corrado and we have been together for 8 months now. she didnt know what was going on and she was kind of pissed we were laughing.

yeah, i was really happy with the way that shot worked out. the liting on it was perfect. most of the other shots the sun was too bringht and i was too lazy to adjust my white balence on my camera. i was more worried about my car breaking down while i was out on the road.

it was "my blue coolant temp popped out" the sensor popped out which caused coolant to go everywhere.

where did you get the external camera mount?

My money is on cloth and duct tape :lol:

1001 uses, and growing strong!

well impressed. Interested as to how you mounted the camera.

simple but effective camera work, great choice of tune. 8)

thanks youve inspired me to struggle on as it reminded how much fun the c is to drive (mines been off road for a bit)

gotta love the "oh well" attitude best way to cope with these 16valvers. get back on the horse thats thrown you an all that.

no its a proper mount...you can tell as one of the guys unscrewed it from the car at the end of the vid.....and would you duck tape your digi cam to the side of a car :roll:

haha not quite. it was a device called a stickypod. it is basicly a piece of aluminum with 4 industrial suction cups on it with a few tethers for the camera to the car. check it out, http://www.stickypod.com i also have another one of my videos featured on that page. its down on the lower left of the main page. you will see a green corrado and a black GTI. check out that video too. let me know what you guys think. =]

thanks for the comment about the girlfriend. she is pretty cute indeed.

alexis%20and%20myself%20in%20florence%20small.jpg

this is Alexis and myself (Josh) in Florence Italy about 3 months ago.

Just got that Frou Frou album, bloody good that. Straight into the car (and the what do you listen to in your corrado post) :D

i listen to almost anything except regge and country music.

mostly metal/hardcore, hiphop, punk, and more.

another thing about frou frou is that she works with bjork...now you will notice similarities between the two. =]

Pretty much the same here too, metal/punk/hardcore. Lagwagon, NUFAN, Incubus, Craig's Brother, Pennywise, Get up Kids, Funeral for a Friend to name a few. Country music can bite my shiny metal a$$.

Can hear the similarities between her and Bjork, the bird from FF seems to have the same vocal inflections as her. Music is close too, also very like Lamb. Now that's a good band.

Ta for switching me on to them, nothing like a bit of diversity and all that. :)

wow. you knwo of craigs brother...i grew up with all of those guys. the singer lived up my road and the guitarplayer deliveres my pizza. haha thats so awesome! are they pretty popular over there?

yeah a lot of the vocals even sounds close to bjork.

i still cannot believe the craigs brother thing...they are going on tour with yellowcard soon because their former guitar player is in that band and they are all good frineds now. also, have you heard craigs brothers new EP yet? its alright, a little different style. but the first 2 albums are so amazing. they are going to be making it big soon.

WHAT DID YOU SAY? Craig's Bro touring with Yellowcard? C'MON! Can see that being a drunken gig day :D Kinda makes sense them touring together, just hope they come to the UK. CB arn't so well known over here, Yellowcard are certainly on the up though. Might have something to do with that MTV2 award - I just hope they don't go the Blink 182 route. Too many good bands seem to be selling out. :|

You might have to get me an autograph or 4 off them for me :D That's pretty freekin cool about them living so close. I'm jealous :mrgreen:

New EP is superb, track 4 especially. Mind you they've all grown on me. Not like the 1st two CD's, soon as I heard Insult to Injury I was hooked. Lost at Sea, Back and Forth, Dear Charlotte and One too actually :D

Ooops, dare say we've gone a bit :offtopic: :lol:

Ooops, dare say we've gone a bit :offtopic: :lol:

It's his topic and he can do what he likes! :D

Keep pumping out vids like that and introducing new music here and, who knows, that Corrado fund may actually get a donation.....