Sign in to follow this  
bighands

5500 rev's and no more!

It seems when im having a flat out hack, that at 5500ish revs it just kind of mis fires, also noticed it has cut out quite a few times when i red line it in first over the last month or so, any ideas peeps?? :?

Had exactly the same thing in one of my MK2 16Vs...... it was the fuel pump not delivering enough pressure at high rpm.

May not be that on your C but it's a good place to start....

OUCH! More expence eh! Hoping it was just gunna be i pipe fallen off somewhere!

Any way of checking it before i get another one? corrado that is :lol:

Only if u do the truffle shuffle....

Now there's a Goonies quote!

As for your problem, I've just had something similar on my 16v - just as kev says with my car it was down to fuel starvation. The fuel line from the fuel filter had become kinked (no idea how), which only affected the car at higher revs, but boy did it affect it.

Not sure how you'd check this, other than visually.

im having some problems as well, in 1st gear once im at 2000 revs, the car judders back as if it temperariy loses power and then carries on up the scale.

Can anyone explain y?

On my 16v Golf my injectors were really badly clogged and it wouldn't rev past 4.5-5k and would struggle to get up to 70 mph on the motorway on the way back from Inters. It was also really jerky.

Just another place to look, but it does sound fuel related.

Another random interminint prob in my case i think... hows the easyst way 2 clean injectors? just some cleaner? if so any good advice on what one??

The best way to clean injectors is put them in an ultrasonic chemical bath, then blast cleaner through until they flow the correct CCs per min again. Commerical cleaners that you stick in the tank do pretty much nothing.

Usually costs around £10 to £15 per injector for a decent job, and that would include new nozzle filters.