Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Lambda probe

Does anyone know much about the VR6 O2 Sensor?

I think mine is dead but I haven't got VAG-COM to check, so I was hoping someone might know the restitance values when healthy as I do have a multimeter.

The only thing that confuses me is there is a black 4 pin connector on the rear engine mount and also a white 3 pin connector, which one is the lambda connector?

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

would expect same as G60

4 wire connector is for o2

black-signal

brown-earth on top of mount

2 others-heater.

Cheers for the offer Scott mate but Vince told me how to check it over the weekend.

Basically, you prod a multimeter probe into the far right lead of the black plug (signal) and the other probe to ground. With engine hot and idling the voltage should fluctaute between 0 and 1 volt, if you have no signal or a steady voltage then the lamda is dead.

Mine does as the man says, so back to the drawing board! The car just feels down on power and gets coarser and louder the more you push it. Dunno what's up with it.

How did you aquire your VAG-COm out of interest? From Ross-tech? I ordered it and got to the payment stage and was put off by the having to fax my credit card number across bit. They need some E-commerce technology me thinks!

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6