Sign in to follow this  
khurrado

I raced The lads from Top gear

As i was walking out of my local petrol station last week, just off the a3, i felt it hard to miss the porsche 944 and 928 parked almost parallel to my rado. As i pulled my jaw back of the dirt, i noticed 2 familiar gentleman walk past....unfortunately i dont now their names, but it wasnt geremy, it was the little one and the tall posh dude.

We said hello, and i mentioned the corrado, and immediately the littel bloke was like "where is it". He loved my car

He couldnt stop looking at it, although he couldnt tell if it was a vr or not

Anyways, what however was very unfortunate, was when i asked them a little mechanical advice they had absolutely no idea what i was talking about. Completely clueless

we all got in our cars and i waited till they started moving and pulled up; in fvornt of them.

All 3 of us in a line, waiting to rejoin the a3 to central london, and just as i felt the grunt of impatience from the prosche behind me ( little chap was following the posh chap) all they saw was my dust on the i r windscreens. I breifly saw a vain attempt to overtake the vehicles behind me (30m or so) but they had no chance.

I dont think any of them know how to drive other than clarkson. Funny old world isnt it.

b4 i left i asked thme to do a mention to the corrado, hopeful that the enigma of vw will get the mention it deserves!!!!!!!!!!!

Hammond was the one who did the "future classics" bit on the corrado VR6 last year........looked like he loved the car when he was doing the review. I think the Corrado club of Canada has it to download 8) priceless

richard hammond

and james errrr tall posh bloke :lol:

spot on mate , the little bloke only thinks what ever jeremy tells him to :)

richard little bloke hammond did the VR6 review a while back

sh*t all this talk of corrados is making me miss my baby, im gna have to leave work a little early and go home and "wax that ass".

Sorry if i seem to be confusing my car with my mrs, but they do have a lot in common.

Beautiful, powerful, expensive and soon to be a classic. (what she doesnt know wont hurt her) im taking my corrado to the carribean for our honeymoon! heh heh

and anyways, when i say wax that ass, ill be doing that to both b4 the sun goes down.

I think its time i shut up now - its friday, been a long week.

James May ;)

is that the posh guy, cos he was a good bloke. Very friendly, and he didnt mind too much that i was kinda off my head at the time. i think he found it rather amusing(not alcohol related)

as good as the show is I still think that Jeremy is a plonker. from what I have heard he is not a very good driver. he picked up a new car ( I think it was the last series) up north and drove it back to the studio to do the test on it. he drove the whole way back with the handbrake on and then when the brakes were not as good as the claim he said it was a shit car. cant remember what car it was but have heard this from a few ppl in the industry. he also distoryed that wonderful LeMans jag. that was a bit of motoring history and he was just disrespectfully.

just my 2p worth

personally i think he's pretty funny. he article in the times on sunday is always a good read.

and you gotta hand it to him....i mean ...jammy begger....paid for test driving cars all day....i wish it was me!

James May ;)

is that the posh guy, cos he was a good bloke. Very friendly, and he didnt mind too much that i was kinda off my head at the time. i think he found it rather amusing(not alcohol related)

Aye, the posh one :) He used to write for Car magazine a lot before he started on Top Gear.

James May ;)

Aye, the posh one :) He used to write for Car magazine a lot before he started on Top Gear.

yeh i have to say mate, james may is a top bloke!!! I think they thought iwas gna rob em at first though heh heh. Public school boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are all bloody annoying!!!

I also think Jeremy is not a god driver as the programme makes out. Tiff Needell (whilst still a bit odd) was the only motoring journalist that can really drive a car.

They are all bloody annoying!!!

I also think Jeremy is not a god driver as the programme makes out. Tiff Needell (whilst still a bit odd) was the only motoring journalist that can really drive a car.

Well come on!!!! Even if he had not had a racing career he would still be a better driver...especially with a name like... Tiff Needell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All 3 of us in a line, waiting to rejoin the a3 to central london, and just as i felt the grunt of impatience from the prosche behind me ( i believe the little chap was following the tall posh chap) all they saw was my dust on the i r windscreens, i absolutely soared off. I breifly saw a vain attempt to overtake the vehicles behind me (30m or so) but they had no chance

LOL, I have a feeling they weren't trying mate... a 2.0 16V Vs a 944 and a 928 - I know which make of car I would rather be in and its not VW! :?

LOL, I have a feeling they weren't trying mate... a 2.0 16V Vs a 944 and a 928 - I know which make of car I would rather be in and its not VW! :?

me too.......to quote the famous thespian :wink: Tom Cruise...............in Risky Business......"Porsche there is no subsitute" 8)

Richard hammond lives not far from me and i was almost doing some work at his property and was gonna ask for tickets but my colleage went instead, i think he owns an old 911 and an even older land rover 110 :D