Sign in to follow this  
yellowslc

My Project.

Wow... amazing.

Where did you get the uprated gear/ linkage cables from?

we'll be keeping a close watch on this project 8)

The gear linkage I am prototyping and having machined.. the cables can be found at http://www.bildon.com although I'm 99% certain I know where he is buying them.

Estimated power with the "race" engine will be 500+ whp. In theory it should make much more yet while on the track, I'll keep it under 400whp. Autronic allows me to program in boost level per gear.. intregrated traction control, shifiting at WOT w/o removing my foot from the accelerator pedal.. fun stuff.

Progress will be slow as the chassis currently isnt here. Look for some serious events the first week of November.

R

it's going to be a royal pain to fit all of the gear in the car.

need some honest opinions on interior bits.

headliner/sunroof trim

A/B/C pillar trim

are for sure going to be recovered in black alcantara

should I do the hatch trim panels?

the dash? my only concern it with it lifting

center console?

trying to figure out a good texture blend..

R

My word...that is some piece of engineering. I have never come accross such a detailed and precise spec before, YOU my man are one SERIOUS corrado owner!! 8)

As for the re-trim, i think you should either pick another material or leave some stuff OE just to give it a good blend. the dash, well...in the heat you'll be in! i wouldn't even think about leathering the dash...unless its out once in a blue moon.

I took a look at my neighbours Pontiac fiero the other night and noticed he went for a 'pistol grip' texture on the centre of the seats and leather for the rest, i've never seen pistol grip on an interior before...it looked very cool!!! :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work mate...7yrs is a long time, hope you get 110% out of it. :D

Sanjay.

Thanks for the input Sanjay.

I dont plan on leaving the car outside nor unattended at any point. The alcantara is UV rated so it should be durable. Will definitely reduce any glare. I'll see how confident the upholstry shop feels with doing it.

R

many thanks for the comments.. none of these photos will ever been seen on vortex.. Phat told me you guys would appreciate them.

R

I was about to say. Makes sense though...for the same reason I havent posted pics of my little mis-hap on Vortex.

WOW Rob...I had absolutely no idea. And I though Kris was off the wall :lol:

Question for you....I purchased Autpower's 4-point "street" cage.....do you think all bars were redone to ure specs? Got any ideas of what I might be getting myself into when I go to install it?

EDIT: As far as interior goes....I recommed trimming the dash is leather, as opposed to alcantara...seen it done both ways, upclose and personal, and think the leather is nicer. Headliner will look sweet in alcantara, but maybe leather on the other trims bits? Then if the seats and panels are done to mimic something like the latest S4 (alcantara in the center) I think that will be pimp.

Im still shocked....

Ho-leee-sheeeeiitttt..... :shocked!: Now that's a proper sorted, well thought out modded car... 8)

Utmost respect for your work there.... 8) exceptional...

(did you guess I quite like it?!? ;) :lol: )

The whole dash re-trim thing is a difficult one... Alcantera looks good, but I'm unsure as to how hard wearing/ long lasting it is... Leather looks great, but you run the risk (as you mentioned) of it reflecting and putting you off while driving (with 500WHP, something you REALLY don't want to happen! :| ) Just leaving it alone kinda lets the whole thing down a little when you've gone as far with this as you have... Dunno... :?

Keep on posting the pics... this is gonna be one awesome car when it's done (again! :) ) 8)

perhaps VW should come to you to make the MK2 Corrado :wink: ................totally amazing spec you have there.....mucho respect 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)