Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

RESPRAY ............

I think it looks better when the whole grille is sprayed (for dark colours) but better with just the top bar sprayed for lighter or more contrasting colours (i.e. red or yellow)

also yes that is awesome! :lol:

Edit: I class your car as being a dark colour, so whole thing sprayed :)

I think it looks better when the whole grille is sprayed (for dark colours) but better with just the top bar sprayed for lighter or more contrasting colours (i.e. red or yellow)

Totally agree.

PS nice toy
But its the slow colour scheme!!

:wink:

this is awesome

I love the look of that black corrado with the silver vw badge.... looks so mean!! What lights are on it ?

Those lights are one of the best mods I have ever seen on a Corrado, I have had a look round on the Canadian forum and vortex but couldn't track any company's that sell the unit. I have, however seen these for the mk3 golf oin e-bay. Do you think they will fit the Corrado? :?

I'm in to minds on what to do with my grill....

liking the balck rado with the BM lights n clear lenses... 8)

ouch , we've had a late vote for the eyebrow green and 2 slats black, gotta make my mind up by the morning :( at least if it looks sh*&e i can put old grill back on

If you do it yourself then you could get the top done first... see how it looks, and if ur not totally happy, do the rest :)

hmmm sounds good , but the car is for spraying this week so i'm thinking he's going to do a better job than me with a couple of cans, well i hope he is :shock:

i like your way of thinking tho 8)

Its probably easier to leave 2 bar black first and see if you like it then if you want to, get them sprayed. You cant take the paint of if you dont like the look of all green if you get what I mean.

i've decided to go for the just the top slat for now, the guy who is doing the car seems to be doing an excellent job ( i'll give an honest opinion when he has finished)

he has taken pictures for me of the various stages of progress so i'll post a thread when he's finished and i'll probably write an article for sprinter and include the photos, it should have been ready today but there was more to it than he originally thought, the bonnet had been filled in a few places so when he went to rub it down he went through the old filler and is now going to redo it all ( he said it was his own fault , he should have seen it when he gave me the price so it doesnt alter the original price, woohoo !! , honesty eh , very rare )

he asked me to spend 1/2 an hour and make notes of any particular areas that i was concerned about , :D this ended being 2 x A4 sheets long !! but since those he has found extra things he wasnt happy about , one of them was under the front number plate there was a dent in the valance which you couldnt see, so i said to leave it but he said he couldnt put it back knowing its not right , so he's doing it

at the mo its on axle stands with no doors , no back lights , no front bumper, no headlights, no bonnet, basically stripped, the doors have been stripped (no handles,miroors,door cards etc) he will not mask things for painting - if it will come off then it comes off !

he will renew all the paint inside the doors on the main shell , inner sills etc so no lines where it was painted to 8)

oh well we'll see , as i said i will give an honest opinion of the work when its finished ( with photos)

a lot of time has been prepping as i noted every little parking dink it has had for the last 12 yrs

the guy who is doing it used to have a VR6 and know has a golf rallye and an old beetle so he likes vee dubs 8) - always a good start