Sign in to follow this  
Bobby

starting problems

A friend of mine seeems tobe having some probs with his 1.8 16v corrado, it starts up first time in the morning but once warmed up it refuses to start up agagin i've changed the starter motor on it, but the wierd thing it doesn't even attempt to click the starter motor, any ideas of what i could be, i was thinking ignition switch but then it would'nt start first thing in the morning (when its cool),could it be a faulty coil :? , any help appreciated.

thanks bobby :D

Bit strange this one before I had got to the end of the sentance I would have said it was the blue coolant sender that was faulty, as when that goes generally the car is a b@tch to start but if your not getting anything then the only thing I can thing of is the ignition switch.. When it doesn't want to turn over try disconnecting the spade terminal on the starter motor solenoid and connect it to a multimeter to see if you are getting any power to it when you turn the ignition switch to crank the engine over if you get no power to it I would say it was the ignition switch, but why it would only do it it when the car is warm god only knows!!! but then again it is a corrado LOL they are made to try us :D

sounds like these are cranking over however my mates doesn't even do that , struggles to start even when we bump started it. :?

considering you get no starter motor click, and it struggles to bump start as well then my guess is dodgy wiring on the ignition...

....other possibility - has the car got an immobiliser 8)