Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Brake pipe-work into the proportional valve

Emm...... took the 4 brakes pipes that go into the rear brake proportional valve out to get the rear axle of to do the bushes and now I cant remember where they go back in :oops: . SHould have paid more attention I suppose.

Its on the VR by the way :wink:

So, which ones go where??

Cheers

Timo.

Bottom two come from the front. Top two go to the calipers. Top right is very short as it attaches to the flexy pipe on near side of car. (UK)

Was told by mate in Volkspares that only real way to bleed brakes is to pressure bleed them. did mine and felt much better.

25 quid or so

Mmmm interesting, I've bleed them quite a few times for various things and I still aint too impressed by them, although they are pretty good they certainly dont blow you away!!!

Perhaps its time to upgrade to DOT 5.1 me thinks :mrgreen:

Timo.

Did you bleed the master cylinder as well? I found I had to rebleed the master after a few days and as the pads bedded in my brakes improved enormously.

I haven't got it back together yet but I'll be bleeding everything I can bleed in order to get rid of every last drop of old brake fluid!!!

Timo.

Timo, how easy was it to change the bushes?

For gods sake dont do it yourself, what a f&cking nightmare it is. I knew they were going to be twats but I never expected them to be this bad. Well worth paying someone else to do it!!!

They're a nightmare to get out and a nightmare to get in. Taking off the rear axle is a pain too, its bloomin heavy and awkward if you just there yourself and you have to undo loads of pipes etc to get it off.

I'll never do it again, but I wont have to for another ten years or so!!!

Timo.