Sign in to follow this  
GIXXERUK

subwoofer wiring ?

hi

i've bought a vibe sub off dazzyvr6 but i need some confirmation on the wiring of it

is this right ?

red cable goes directly to the battery +12v

black wire to ground/earth

phono rca leads to the h/u

do i then take a remote wire from the h/u to the sub so it only powers when the h/u is on ?

TIA

paul

oh yeah i read earth first 8)

cheers pablo , luckily it came with the wiring kit (except the wire for the remote wire) so its fused , thx anyhow

It'll work in either, but I guess the rear is the more logical choice. Ideally you'd have a head unit with three pre-outs including one for the subwoofer exclusively, and likely giving you some kind of subwoofer level control.

bcstudent, cheers mate , i just thought they would deliver different signals (front/rear) so i opted for the rear

the h/u is a kenwood with a multi changer which is fairly decent but doesnt play mp3's so it'll be going soon as i have 1000's of mp3's

the speakers are wired via the standard connections so both pre outs are spare, i have kinetic components up front and alpine tweeters on the dash and an active vibe and its finally starting to sound ok

sound wise as standard this is the worst car i've ever had the standard set up has no mid range ,no bass and very little volume

in a nutshell all the speakers are way to small :(

F&R are the same but by using the rear you can use the fader to adjust the bass level from the front :)

spot on mate this is exactly what i found , linked to the front the sub draws that much the front speakers distort (overloading the amp i reckon)

put the sub on the rear and use the fader and its happy days 8)