Sign in to follow this  
Rado16v

Insuring 2nd car

Guys, looking for a bit of advice please.

Need to buy a work horse for comute to work. I have 4 yrs NCB on the C and I know there's no way it can be "shared" between cars but my insurance company Greenlight will give me a bit of a discount on the 2nd car since I'm already insured with them but even the premium's almost what I pay for the C :shock:

Anyone have any recommendations to get the premiums down? The C's insruance ends in Dec.

Cheers

Amit

Talk to John or Kerry Brentacre possibly - they have some very good deals on insuring Corrado's and consequently insuring a 2nd car.. some VERY reasonable discounts :)

HIC do a mirroring policy where you can share your no-claims on a second car as long as you are the only driver (theory being that you can't drive 2 cars at once! :lol: )

Just watch out that their quote is a firm one as I've recently been stung by them wanting a LOT more on the renewal than they quoted me before I did the work to my engine... :mad:

Thnaks guys, i'll give them a call. Only dilema is I gotta wait till Dec to carry my ncb. I'll give them a call.

BTW Bally, probably a pug 306 diesel

BTW Bally, probably a pug 306 diesel

8) so the VR's going to be a show car?? nice one :D

I had the same hassle trying to insure a £700 bloody diesel. They wanted nearly £400 TPf&T!!!! (9 years plus no claims discount and have to start again on another car!!)

Went to Swinton in the end, after trying most of the other 'big names', including Brentacre who the C is insured with.

They did an introductory discount which was as cheap as having full no claims discount. Company called Groupama - they specailise in 2nd cars.

Well my renewal with 1yr NCB for the Pug 306 TD is £600 3rd party..................... :mad: