Sign in to follow this  
samm_cvr6

BOY RACERS!

ICE WHITESOCKS what spec is ur engine?? that sounds mental. i've pulled 140 in mine and bottled it at bout 5500-6000rpm.

where bouts in durham are u. my bird is from there and i was up there all summer. i got a vr same colour (not sure of the exact name).

Yeah it was mental. I'm the same as you in that it pulls straight to 140mph but then flattens off quickly after that. I wasn't gonna let the Civic win but it really was flying. He was in front and just kept going faster and faster and then, when we hit 148mph, the VR just found a power spot and just ate up the distance between us forcing him to move over. I'm not that proud of it cos it was a Saturday afternoon on the M1 north of sheffield- everyone else just stood still. The VR is not modified at all - just seems a good strong standard engine

If you know Durham well then you'll know how good the A1 is for going fast and not geting caught :)

I live (ed) in Nevilles cross- am only there till the end of the month though, then moving down to Leeds for work :cry: Durham is a beautiful place as well.

Cheers

The Civic's power probably came to an abrupt end at 148mph due it's short gearing.....and he was soaking up all the wind resistance.

I'm sure Mr Civic was devastated a 10 year old VW was tailing him at 148 mph anyway, so you've done well for the Corrado name :lol:

I'm sure Mr Civic was devastated a 10 year old VW was tailing him at 148 mph anyway, so you've done well for the Corrado name

Cheers :) , yeah I bet he was pretty gutted.

I bet there are some pretty unhappy Boxter drivers around too, having suffered the same kind of defeat :) although not yet at my hands :(

I bet there are some pretty unhappy Boxter drivers around too, having suffered the same kind of defeat :)

There's definitely a couple around Manchester... ;) :lol: 8)