Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

My poor tyres (now with multi-angle video!!!)

Ahh dammit the pictures came up in the wrong order. You get the idea though.

I've added a pic to my sig too...

Mmmmmmmmmm! and your point. OH I know, you got cracking ancors. Got the fright of my life this evening with my soap pads. :shock: :shock: Anyone know I can get MB Break Assist performance from the standard C Disks and Pads. HELP

Mmmmmmmmmm! and your point. OH I know, you got cracking ancors. Got the fright of my life this evening with my soap pads. :shock: :shock: Anyone know I can get MB Break Assist performance from the standard C Disks and Pads. HELP

We were filming a driver training video for someone (him driving not me :( ) and he needed a front wheel drive car to demonstrate some braking techniques on.

I'll get some of the footage up as soon as I can 8)

very cool picture!!!

i hope they will buy you new tyres?

Yeah me too... I shall have that discussion on Monday. I'll get em re-balanced first and see if that improves things tho.

MY C is driving Peachey. tried to shake off 80 at J10 of the A1M this afternoon and Jeeees, nout alot there. Hmmmmm :roll: think I need a Break Service. TOP PIC dinkus all the same 8) .

MY C is driving Peachey. tried to shake off 80 at J10 of the A1M this afternoon and Jeeees, nout alot there. Hmmmmm :roll: think I need a Break Service. TOP PIC dinkus all the same 8) .

:) Oh and I've just got standard VAG disks (genuine, not GSF!) and Pagid FR pads... nowt that exciting, but they do a damned good job 8)

are the gsf ones no good then?

According to Mr. Haywire they're not the same grade steel and wear out a lot quicker. They're made by the same company, but don't meet the same quality specs.

The VAG ones certainly work very well with the Pagid pads tho...

:) Oh and I've just got standard VAG disks (genuine, not GSF!) and Pagid FR pads... nowt that exciting, but they do a damned good job 8)

No way!, kid you not, mine look healthy enough (newish) but there was no way she would stop the car in an emergancy. got the panths to prove. BURRUPPPPPPP :lol:

No way!, kid you not, mine look healthy enough (newish) but there was no way she would stop the car in an emergancy. got the panths to prove. BURRUPPPPPPP :lol:

Yes way :) The Pagid pads do make a world of difference to both the pedal feel and the stopping power. Although this is comparing it to tired VAG pads on very, very tired VAG disks.

Yes way The Pagid pads do make a world of difference to both the pedal feel and the stopping power. Although this is comparing it to tired VAG pads on very, very tired VAG disks.

Without a doubt 8)

What speed was the braking from? Pic looks awesome..

It was about 70ish, I'll have to check exactly on the footage.

Git. I should have been there, instead I was heaving a dying cavalier round some very plesant scottish B roads.

My polo made that kind of smoke when I took ross out for that little blatt ages ago :mrgreen:

I must get broadband - only took 22 mins to download on dial up. So how did you disable the ABS? Interesting bit of pitching on the front end So how many miles did you take of the tyres then :lol:

I must get broadband - only took 22 mins to download on dial up. So how did you disable the ABS? Interesting bit of pitching on the front end So how many miles did you take of the tyres then :lol:

Broadband - yes, yes you should :D

ABS - You disconnect one of the sensors. The connectors for the front wheels are on top of the struts. Just un-plug one and tyre-smoke a plenty :)

Pitching - Yeah that's cos the tracking had already been thrown out earlier in the week :roll: I'm still trying to fix it :(

Miles - It took all of the miles off the fronts because the flat spots went almost down to the canvas. The rears are still fine though.

Dinkus, so is the office gonna fork out for new rubber?

Yup, so panic over :)

The rest of the video is slowly coming together now, there's a heck of a lot of footage and we still need to film some more :lol:

It's gonna be a good DVD though, I'll keep you all posted 8)