Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Just fitted KR cam into 9A - holy moly! What next??

Dav, don't change the VR system if it's good in condition, leave it well alone! The original VR6 Liestritz system is a superb peice of kit and lasts 10 years easily. They flow well and are beautifully refined. I reckon a 6 branch SS header and the standard system will sound very nice :lol:

Yep, the VW system is as Supersprint.....stainless pipework, coated mild steel boxes, rockwool and Stainless wirewool packing 8)

I will find out about the Manifolds/exhaust, should have a price for you tomorrow.

quote]

cheers dude

Hello

just rang my mate at who can the SuperSprint stuff, but he is not at work until monday, :roll:

sorry guys, i will update you on the prices as soon a he is back at work.

Sorry guys but im not a big fan of these stainless steel branch manifold

Ive found that using a ported and polished to match head cast top manifold with either the G60/ 2L 16v bottom half manifold or a custom steel one like i have on my car works massively without the danger of banging up against the powersteering rack (was known to happen on some cars) along with heat melting things down there, which heat wrap can also sort out.

Also a well designed exhuast system helps aswell as i have a custom jobbie on mine but the Miltex and Magnex seem to do a very good job

unless ur going to have the car on a track all day long i rather waste the £300 for manifold and prob another £200 to fit it on a 2L bottom end and balacing engine compenents.

just my 2 p's worth

sorry its taken me so long to get back with prices i have been off sick, and only just got round to it.

hope this helps.

mrbeige, The price for the 20-16v exhaust manifold from TSR is £304+Vat = £357.20.

i can get these for about £300.00, but i have called a few places and they all say that ther are for left hand drive cars and are very hard to fit to UK cars, but it can be done.

kevhaywire, the price for the VR6 Exhaust manifold is £523+Vat = 614.52.

i can get these for about £500.00, again they say that these are for left hand drive cars, but the VR6 one fits ok.

Bit of a shame really.

Dav.

bit steep but they are good, i can get better deals on the actual exhausts.

a lot of engineering in the maifolds and that costs money :(

kevhaywire, the price for the VR6 Exhaust manifold is £523+Vat = 614.52.

i can get these for about £500.00, again they say that these are for left hand drive cars, but the VR6 one fits ok.

Bit of a shame really.

Dav.

Thanks matey.....did you find out if it was tuned? i.e. assymetric converted to symetric?

What I need is the runners to be unequal length from the exhaust ports to create 6 effective equal length tubes at the collectors, if that makes sense? LOL! That will liberate at least 10-15lbt torque 8)

s*** my cars quick now.......

So what is the exact spec of yours now then, you can see my spec in my profile. Ive just removed the rear seats and sub box to reduce weight. Mine is pretty lively once its reving. :)

kevhaywire, will ahve another chat the man in the know and will let you know.

mrbeige, i think that it is 4-2-1but i will find out foe sure

s*** my cars quick now.......

So what is the exact spec of yours now then, you can see my spec in my profile. Ive just removed the rear seats and sub box to reduce weight. Mine is pretty lively once its reving. :)

I havent taken it on rolling road yet ----> so i dont know

but the work that has been done is very basic really, ful engine rebuild, kr cams, d dubs tuning, full powerflow decat system, Brembo discs and pads, Lowered 40 mm on the front, drilled air box etc. So far, so good. But i have plans for the future.

Im expecting to get to around 175 bhp eventually, at the moment im probably around the 150- 160 mark.

ANd i hear thers a 16 valve chip floating around, im very keen to get my hands on it.....Also, is there any way that induction can be put into a valver???????

p.s. nice ride mate 8)

ANd i hear thers a 16 valve chip floating around, im very keen to get my hands on it.....Also, is there any way that induction can be put into a valver???????

p.s. nice ride mate 8)

Thanks mate.

I looked into chipping, but eventually concluded it's not worth while. From what I found out KE-Motronic as fitted to the 9A is an adaptive closed loop system, so it will re-program itself to suit the setup of the car.

I have ducting running from a home made air dam behind the grill directly into the airbox which apart from the warm intake is sealed. The warm intake system still works too. Its not too hard to do this, I can take some photos if you like to help explain how its done.

Yeah, sorry forgot, the only thing I've seen is a cone filter in place of the airbox, but you suck warm air from the engine bay into the engine.