Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Oil temp on MFA

I've recently aquired a stage 4 tuned G60 and the MFA reads 112 degrees and sometimes 118 degrees when I'm giving it beans. Is this normal or sould I think about getting an oil cooler? The water temp is stable in the middle of the range though. Any advice greatly appreciated.

wouldn't want to see it getting any warmer to be honest might be time to think about fitting an oil cooler to be on the safe side. :)

Really? Iit's stage 4 tuned with std induction and exhaust. :shock: The guy I bought it off is a VW engineer and I would have thought he would have fitted one if needed. Still, they're not big money are they? Do many stage 4 tuned G60 owners fit oil coolers? Sorry for all the questions, I've only had the car a week! :lol:

check you have both fans working - there should be a rubber belt connecting the passive fan to the motorised fan but I suspect there's a lot of C's out there that have had theirs degraded and fallen off thus only cooling half of the radiator. The thing is its difficult to pick-up because it may only cause a subtle increase in both temps

its a g60 they only have one fan :lol:

unless one of my fans has also fallen off :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops:

Er sorry mate!

its a g60 they only have one fan :lol:

unless one of my fans has also fallen off :lol: :lol:

:oops: :oops:

Er sorry mate!

these vr6 owners .........i dunno :roll: :lol: :lol:

G60's run hot as standard, but as soon as you do anything to them performance wise, those temperatures seem to shoot up!

I'm currently in the process of fitting an oil cooler obtained from G-Werks, after on a run down south where I saw temperatures in excess of 140 C! Although if you really want to know the true temperature of your oil then the MFA isn't the most accurate of measures... its readings actually rise when you turn the lights on (the electrics are over 10 years old!) :roll:

Like G-Man said, it might be a good idea to fit one just to be on the safe side, and would be definate if you intend to do any more performance modifications to your G60. :wink: