Sign in to follow this  
AlanVW

Some Small Problems.

Well i just got a Corrado 1.8 16v a few days ago upgrading from my Golf Driver,

Still getting used to the hydro clutch and cable change but the car is just a lovely to drive.

Bodywork is good condition. engine is High Milage but with a Full Service History. but im not holding up on it for much longer.

Just a few little niggles i want to try and get sorted out.

The Rear Boot lock you still need the key to open it. the vacume motor dosent seem to move. tried a scredriver to move mechanisum and some WD but nothings moving.

My Clutch Pedal sometimes hits the deck and gets stuck there have to pull it back out. and it crunches when going in reverse sometimes there is a squeak from the pedal so it might be that ?

On the engine side it sometimes dosent like to start you need to give a slight little bit of throttle...sometimes it starts fine but the next it just winds and winds.

And the Exauhst. It's a Sebring Backbox and i dont know about the rest but it leaks and generally just dosent look like it fits properly.

Whats the best system i should be fitting to it ? im going towards a Jettex any ideas how much thats going to cost me ?

Ayone got some advice on these little things to fix ?

Hello,

Boot lock: Does the rest of the central locking work OK? If it does, it sounds like you're gonna have to strip out the actuator and de-seize it by soaking it in WD40... A common part for this mechanism to jam on is the rod which connects the actuator to the lock itself... make sure that's free to move when the actuator is disconnected...

Clutch pedal: new slave cylinder required... you could try bleeding the clutch cylinder which may help although it'll probably not last long... New cylinders are available from Eurocarparts or GSF for not a lot of money and are reasonably easy to replace... 8)

Engine starting: Yup, valvers have a habbit of doing that... probably worth getting the injectors cleaned/checked and getting it all setup nicely by somewhere who knows the 16V engines well...

Exhaust: Opinions on this forum tend to be biased towards either Miltech (send a PM to "16VG60" for prices) or Magnex systems... Personally, I've always gone for custom made, but that's 'cos I know a GOOD local place... 8)

Hope this helps... 8)

Re the boot lock, have you got it set in the right position with the key? I can't recall which position you want, but there is a deadlock position where the cent locking doesn't open it. Other comments spot on

On the engine side it sometimes dosent like to start you need to give a slight little bit of throttle...sometimes it starts fine but the next it just winds and winds.

post on problems, cold start ongoing niggle this, and still no answer!!......

was yours standing for a while befor you brought it?

Have you changed the dizzy cap and rotor arm?

Always worth a try as they only cost about a tenner and take 2 mins to change.

I had similar problems starting my old 16v which these cured.

the dizzy cap in mine is quite pitted, the contacts inside for the HT leads, dad says thats prob normal cos of the constant spark being produced, but other than that they look in fairly good nick, and are only year or 2 old!

*mod edit - triple post removed... - Henny*

another couple of possibilities with the clutch is that the shelf isn't in the proper position or the floor mat is catching it.

Happened to me and took me ages to spot it because the pedal clipped the mat, even though it looked like it cleared it, then caught on the groove in the shelf

I agree with 2cc on the boot lock. vertical only opens with the key and horizontal will open with the central locking - or vice versa :?

As for exhausts prefered options seem to be milltek, magnex or supersprint