Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

German

Does anybody speak German cos ive just bought some new rear lights for my C on ebay and the guy is in Germany.

All the emails he has sent me are in German and ive told him that i live in the uk and dont speak German.

Can any body translate for me.

Cheers J

or try Tempest and see if he'll help you communicate/correspond with the seller..........after all Tempest speaks German IIRC :wink:

Yup, you beckoned? Mio come to the rescue, waddaya wanna know? :lol:

Erm, how much are you paying for these lights, are they InPros?

Tempest

I hope either the guy takes PayPal or you remembered to take into account the international money transfer costs...

I hope either the guy takes PayPal or you remembered to take into account the international money transfer costs...

NO and NO.

I take it that all i need to do is call my bank and get them to transfer the money in to his account.Or have i gotten myself into a load of s***.

I usually send insured cash through the post with signed for etc (up to a certain value of course). costs about £6 for 250Euro but its still a lot cheaper than a bank transfer (up to £30)

Yeah, a bank transfer can be done from your bank, but within europe they may charge up to £20 for the privilege.. :(

And even sending insured cash you're still going to have to go to a bank and pay exchange rates etc. Won't cost as much as the bank transfer, tho.

i sent 20euros for some chrome dash rings the other day and didnt even bother insuring it. arrived (NO JOKE) the next day in germany. 40p stamp.

Big thanks to Tempest for looking at the emails for me :D .

Ive been to the bank and they knew what i needed to do, cost a bit as you guys said it would, £13 for natwest to send it and £7 for the german bank to accept it :shock: :shock: :shock: rip off if you ask me.

Again thanks to all for the help.

Cheers J

Big thanks to Tempest for looking at the emails for me

No problem, hope you'll get your lights soon.

rip off if you ask me.

And then I read somewhere in a German rag that inter-EU bank transfers are supposedly free of charge. Quizzing my UK bank on the issue I was told that the fees raised by UK banks are to cover the exchange rate, as the UK haven't got the Euro yet ... any old excuse :mad:

Tempest

I found an excellent document on that a short while back, but yes, the UK is excluded from the agreement because we're not in the Euro.

so its as easy as changing pounds sterling into euro and then sending it in an insured envelope to germany?

Yup, post office do reasonable rates on the currency exchange, at least no commission to pay.

Tempest

When the rain stops and i have chance to give it a clean, im gonna post some pics on the forum. Maybe end of the week.

When the rain stops and i have chance to give it a clean, im gonna post some pics on the forum. Maybe end of the week.

8)