daves16v

Door handle repair kit..........THEY ARE NOW AVAILABLE

Hi 'daves16V',

If these are still available? I need a passenger side. Please let me know how I pay Etc.

Thanks.

Marcus.

PM sent.

Hello Dave, just bought myself a corrado with sticky handles. How much for both sides posted?

PM sent.

Hi there,

i have a 1990 Corrado and the drivers door handle is loose and near enough pulls away from door and also the key does not unlock it and has to be unlocked from the inside, as i havent read through the last 81 pages because im lazy haha :bonk: :bonk: could someone just confirm this is what it is for? the handle pulls out of the hole for it in the door and the key does not work however when unlocked from the inside, the handle opens the door?

any help apreatiated, thanks

Jakey :)

Hi there,

i have a 1990 Corrado and the drivers door handle is loose and near enough pulls away from door and also the key does not unlock it and has to be unlocked from the inside, as i havent read through the last 81 pages because im lazy haha :bonk: :bonk: could someone just confirm this is what it is for? the handle pulls out of the hole for it in the door and the key does not work however when unlocked from the inside, the handle opens the door?

any help apreatiated, thanks

Jakey :)

Sounds like you have a screw missing that holds the handle into the door, check on the end of the door near the lock. The handle may still operate correctly but because it's being pulled away from the door the internal striker on the handle isn't pressing down on the lever inside the door.

The key not unlocking the door maybe related, sort the handle screw first.

Well

Just got my 1st ever Corrado last week

My door handle is not really fixed to the bodywork

3DF434ED-AF64-4191-B8E7-E100F182FAEE-2060-000002B97C656191_zpsad4b6861.jpg

Was told to tighten the big screw on side of door -

It was well tight

Its probably been asked before, but FIFTY TWO pages - eeeek!

So may i ask:

1. What does it actually repair?

2. Will it tighten my handle nearer to the bodywork?

3. Comes with instructions (seems so from 1st couple if pages of this thread)

4. Need to take door card (think i read this as well)

5. How much for both sides delivered (1994 VR6)?

6. Where about are u on M25?

7. How much for fitting service (u about 15th Feb Sunday night/Monday morning)?

Cheers!

okay thanks dave, i have checked the screw and it is tight and all in tact, it seems i have the same problem as wayne above?

many thanks

okay thanks dave, i have checked the screw and it is tight and all in tact, it seems i have the same problem as wayne above?

many thanks

Looking at Wayne's photo it seems the little White clip (visible between handle and door panel)is there but it doesn't look like it's fitted properly. There shouldn't be any gap between handle and door panel. The clip is fitted to the door panel and then the handle slides onto it.

Well

Just got my 1st ever Corrado last week

My door handle is not really fixed to the bodywork

3DF434ED-AF64-4191-B8E7-E100F182FAEE-2060-000002B97C656191_zpsad4b6861.jpg

Was told to tighten the big screw on side of door -

It was well tight

Its probably been asked before, but FIFTY TWO pages - eeeek!

So may i ask:

1. What does it actually repair?

2. Will it tighten my handle nearer to the bodywork?

3. Comes with instructions (seems so from 1st couple if pages of this thread)

4. Need to take door card (think i read this as well)

5. How much for both sides delivered (1994 VR6)?

6. Where about are u on M25?

7. How much for fitting service (u about 15th Feb Sunday night/Monday morning)?

Cheers!

1. It replaces the striker arm which is the part that breaks.

2. No, check that the White plastic clip is present and fitted properly.

3. Yes you get an install guide.

4. Yes you need to remove the door card.

5. £32 posted for both sides.

6. I'm just off M1 J25 not M25.

7. £5 per handle plus postage back to you.

Dave

Cheers Dave

I am on the way back from south next Tuesday.

U about then?

How much to fit if i bring my car?

Is it the middle pic below?

F32E9530-4DF9-407B-BB8B-2B7026FB9D5D-1127-000001A99C9D07D4_zps286f76ae.jpg

Looking at Wayne's photo it seems the little White clip (visible between handle and door panel)is there but it doesn't look like it's fitted properly. There shouldn't be any gap between handle and door panel. The clip is fitted to the door panel and then the handle slides onto it.

Think my car been tampered too much by previous owner(s) :(

Still much faults to find with my new car less than ONE week ownership :(

Cheers Dave

I am on the way back from south next Tuesday.

U about then?

How much to fit if i bring my car?

Is it the middle pic below?

F32E9530-4DF9-407B-BB8B-2B7026FB9D5D-1127-000001A99C9D07D4_zps286f76ae.jpg

Yeah I'm free on Tuesday from about 5pm.

Price to include door card and handle removal, handle repair and re-fit is £35 per side, this includes the cost of the repair kit.

The middle pic is a version of my kit.

Dave

a quick note of thanks daves16v

after using your kit to repair my drivers handle a year or 2 ago i have no used up the passenger side of the kit too as that went last week

a cracking solution :)

Hi there, would anyone be able to offer up part numbers for rear Passat door handles. I'd like to replace my tired Corrado vr6 door handles.

I understand I'll also need a conversion kit, so any advice, links to thread would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Hi Dave

These repair kits - tell me more about them - my door handles are not bad but passengers side - seems to be getting a bit loose and doesn't pull quite as neat as it should - is this the fix for this? How easy is the fit?

Many thanks

Hi Dave

These repair kits - tell me more about them - my door handles are not bad but passengers side - seems to be getting a bit loose and doesn't pull quite as neat as it should - is this the fix for this? How easy is the fit?

Many thanks

cant go wrong with them m8

ive got them on both sides currently on my VR & will be ordering some for the valver just in case lol

cant go wrong with them m8

ive got them on both sides currently on my VR & will be ordering some for the valver just in case lol

ive never been brave enough to put them on, never had a definitive answer if you need to take the door card out and how you take the door handle out... as far as ive got is to remove the rear screw and pull the handle out a bit. daves instructions a very good but only covers changing the bits.... Help... I guess I could work it out if I was bothered enough :)

ive never been brave enough to put them on, never had a definitive answer if you need to take the door card out and how you take the door handle out... as far as ive got is to remove the rear screw and pull the handle out a bit. daves instructions a very good but only covers changing the bits.... Help... I guess I could work it out if I was bothered enough :)

I wasn't brave enough to attempt them myself so my mechanic did them. I think you do need to remove door card to take handle off but they are not too tricky - if you remember the hidden screw behind the speaker cover lol

and I was going to employ you to do mine :) I guess I will get motivated to work it out in the summer.. just done an hour in the garage and its cold.

Thanks both - maybe I too will buy some then get my mechanic to install - how long did your mechanic take to do them - what did he charge?

Thanks both - maybe I too will buy some then get my mechanic to install - how long did your mechanic take to do them - what did he charge?

sorry m8 cant answer that as I don't know, an hour or so I would imagine. IIRC he said the trickiest part was getting the old broken part out on the 1st one he did but then no mention of any issue with the 2nd