potatonet

20V head on a G60 anyone know how to do it.

Got a 90 corrado G60 that is being twin screwed soon and I need suggestions on how to Mount a 20V head on a G60 block. I dont want to go out and buy a 1.8t engine and put it in, I like my corrado block and am just wondering if it can accept a 20V head easily, or should I just go with the 16V head and stick with mkII. anyone know where I can get a description on how to do this???

I think the head will go on but you will need the rods/pistons from the 20v too. The vortex forum is your best bet, i think there are a few guys in the US that have done it.

Baz

need custom cam belt pulley made up for the intermidiate shaft, some waterways need welding up,, allot more to this conversion than meets the eye, you will need to make up allot of custom stuff,, think volks speed did one although i dont think they are trading anymore,, 16V would be much simpler, you can buy an intergration kit from

bahnbrenner.com

you "like the g60 block"???

in other words, you want to leave it in the car and change the head

don't be a muppet, put a full 1.8T in there and stop p1ssing about.

bit of a thread revival but thought i would be better to use an older thread rather than start a new one,

so i want to turn my g60 into a 20v G60 partly because ive not seen another for a long time, last one i remember was the 20v g60 rallye motorsport painted blue and white car, and its something different, I also like the way the head looks nice and tidy, Hoping i can make a proper engine cover fit on top too out of a tt engine cover so will look very factory, this however of course depends on bonnet clearance. Ive spent many an hour looking at the information on the vortex forum which is where i found most of the information so far but they dont seem as friendly as the members on here and you can get so consumed with different peoples takes on the conversion i find myself getting a bit confused. Im also aware its probably easier, cheaper and i will get more gains out of doing a straight 20vt swap but i brought a g60 for a reason and thats the noise it makes so want to stick with it. I would really like to hear from anybody who has done this or knows somebody who has done this conversion and if anybody has any advice or tips then again im all ears. Im still doing research on the project and starting to slowly gather the parts listed.

So my shopping list looks something like this

The shopping list then looks something like this

20V AEB Head

ABA 4 Layer Metal Head Gasket

16V Crankshaft Sprocket 26T

20V AWP Camshaft Gear

8V Intermediate Shaft (machined to fit the 20v Cam gear)

OEM 9A 16V Timing Belt Tensioner

153T Timing Belt Curvlinier 2 Profile

AEB 1.8T Pistons

AEB 1.8T Connecting Rods

Exhaust Manifold A3/Gold 1.8 20v NA plus custom exhause from mani back

Audi TT Intake Manifold

Custom Chip

ABA Crankshaft (machine down 5.9mm)

Peugeot Distributor

OEM Turbo Oil Pan

G60 Intercooler or similar

Supercharger Rebuild to Stage 3/4

Bigger Injectors

HT Leads

My plan is to buy a complete AEB engine from a seat leon cupra and rob the head, pistons and con-rods as it seems that it will be the easiest way to get all these parts. As long as they are from a fairly low mileage engine i dont think i will have a problem. I need a machine shop to get the intermediate shaft and the AWP cam gear to fit together and other than getting a Front mount intercooler plumbed in it shouldnt be that much hassle :cuckoo: . Obviously i will need a trip to a RR to get a custom map but with stealth Racing literally up the road i shall have a chat to them and see whats possible.

Its certainly an ambitious task i want to undertake, well it is for me, but i think it will be worth the effort. Just wonder at what point the wife will provide me with divorce papers :)

Don't quote me on this because it was a long time ago when I read about it. I'm sure if you use the older style 20v block with the external water pump then a g60 charger bracket will bolt straight up to it.

Did they ever do a 1.8T with external water pump? Or do you mean N/A? I didn't even think these had external water pump?

Yeah the 058 blocks had external waterpumps. Think they were fitted to the older 1.8t passats and audis

Yeah aeb is an 058 block so you could essentially fit one of them, obviously there is the managment side of things to take care of wether you keep your g60 managment which you would probably have to alter things or go for something else. I think also there is other stuff you have to change on the longitudinal engines (aeb) for them to go into a transverse engined car (corrado)

Yeah aeb is an 058 block so you could essentially fit one of them, obviously there is the managment side of things to take care of wether you keep your g60 managment which you would probably have to alter things or go for something else. I think also there is other stuff you have to change on the longitudinal engines (aeb) for them to go into a transverse engined car (corrado)

I was under the impression that a 99/00 seat Leon Cupra had an aeb engine and this was transversely mounted, might be a way to cheat a little.... Worth investigating at least. I plan to use an large port aeb head along with pistons and con rods so will probably acquire a complete engine anyway.

Not gonna happen over night anyway so will take my time and try and do a good job on it.

Edited by bendunstan