Sign in to follow this  
Rich H

V6 4 motion

Whats people opinions on Golf 4 V6 4mo's. Looked at 5 last week and couldn't beleve what a complete package they appear to be... Anyone know of any bad points with them that I ought to check when looking again tomorrow.

Thanks

RICH h

they're HEAVY... They need to go on a diet in a major way to make any use of the power and handling potential they've got... :|

The suspension is a little too soft for any serious fun (IMHO) but that's been the trend in VWs since the MKII and can easily be sorted with a nice aftermarket kit... 8)

Other than that, they seem to be pretty well put together... :)

couldn't beleve what a complete package they appear to be...

Indeed. Ignoring it's weight, it is an under-rated car. Sublime engine....

The Haldex system isn't really my cup of tea but it's a good car overall. I would prefer the R32 though (wouldn't we all??!).

Give it a couple more years :wink:

Yeah 4x4 is a good tool for sh1te weather but for a 2WD, Corrados have bags of mechanical grip, so the advantage of 4x4 is reduced on dry roads!

Wouldn't mind testing out a 4Motion - never tried out 4WD before. Might be worth going down to the Stealers to seeing what hilarious figure they would come up with for a part ex on my Corrado - I dont wanna chop it in but want to see what kinda silly money they offer :)

Doesn't feel much different to a good 2WD. You'll notice it most putting power down in the corners and when accelerating hard from a standstill.....

Dont bother with an R32. The 4 Motion is better value for money and IMO a better car than that jumped up overweight MK4 flagship.

The R32 is a tad over rated and are great on a test drive or a quick blast in one of your mates cars but as an every day motor they are no way worth their huge price tag.

Ride is far too harsh,fuel consumption is shocking and they are just not quick enough by a long way.

I drive one every month and i am still not impressed, the 4 Motion it replaced was a better car all round and far cheaper, the Recaros in the 4 Motion were better seats too even though the R32 seats look fantastic.

If the R32 had 350BHP and a better drive train i could forgive the appauling ride quality and thirst but it doesn't and like i said i'm still not impressed.

Buy a 4 Motion.

And last but not least, Volkswagen then decided to introduce their fastest ever Golf in a 5 door version. Need i say any more. :roll:

If you get a chance have a spin in a 4motion I couldn't keep the grin of my face. Just felt it was an all round belter of a car, the best bit is her indoors PAYING FOR IT it!!

:wink:

I really like the 4 Motion. Especially in black with 17" Santa Monicas. Is it available in 3 door?

It would have to have the Dahlback Racing black headlights though, I can't stand the standard chrome ones.

I know the R32 gets slated but I love it. It may not be the fastest hatch but given the choice between that and it's competitors - 146 GTA, Focus RS, Clio Sport 182, I know what I'd rather be in.

Jim - I doubt the stealers would even offer you anything for a p/x on the corrado.

They are not interested in older cars - if anything you will get something like 1.5k off max. Most likely they will tell you to sell privately

I went for a drive in 4motion and a 1.8T a few months back and did like the refinement - butt he handling is not there and you just have to look out your window to see several MK4's go by. (Unless you live in a basement flat. Or on a boat)

I know the R32 gets slated but I love it. It may not be the fastest hatch but given the choice between that and it's competitors - 146 GTA, Focus RS, Clio Sport 182, I know what I'd rather be in.

Id take the Clio 182 and keep the Corrado with the money saved over the golf. 8)

Dunno - I kinda like the 182's.

Great for embarassing a lot of big & quick cars!

Clio's are just gay though - sorry :)

hmmmmm shades of pot calling kettle black.......especially with your MR2's stereo-typed kind of owner :lol: :lol:

Clio's are just gay though - sorry :)

hmmmmm shades of pot calling kettle black.......especially with your MR2's stereo-typed kind of owner :lol: :lol:

hehe - I was waiting for that.

No way a 270+bhp rwd car is gay :)

A clio is feminine right down to the name