Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Please read!!!!

I was thinking like probably most have us have thought ....... combining as many corrado drivers as possible and hiring a tract somewhere that we can test our skills and abilities and take rides in each others car so we know what mods are the way forward.

Im sure that we could have an excellent day, lets face it, meeting up and having a good chat about corrado stuff and racing etc would be an ideal day out for most of us.

If its of any interest, please come back to me once I have an idea of numbers I can get a really good price VIA contacts.

I could even get a race track in Germany for free through my contact with BMW, imagine the treck up there in a massive convoy.... Sorry getting carried away but it could be arranged!

adios amegos

Sounds like a great day out!

Not sure about germany though, it'd cost me a fortune in petrol getting there and back!

What UK venues did you have in mind?

Sorry mate - call me soft but Ive too much respect for my car to be thrashing it on a track......

I'll buy a track car for that 8)

You dont have to nail your car round the track, its up to you.....

I do think that most people that get the oppertunity to drive fast knowing that they're not going to be pigged on a race track designed for speeding would take full oppertunity to give their corrado a good ragging!!

I understand your point though, so you dont have to go crazy, we could do sections for people who just want to test there handaling on a certain corner as we all have favourite angles in driving.

Other sections could be for the more sudated driver and someone who has just bought a corrado to get a feel for it or any idea they have.

What do you say to that?

Well that sounds a fantastic idea, especially if the venue was in the south, us southerners seem to get neglected when it comes to decent track event!!

Im definately up for it, not having to worry about other XR3's and RS turbos trying to ram you off the road like some other track day events. :mad:

Put me down as a very interested.

Martyn

Tornado Red '91 G60

A track day or Corrado Forum meet would be an excellent idea, and a chance to really put some names to faces.

Post your interest in such an event down.. maybe we can pursure / arrange sorting something out?

I might get ask Andi to put up a new poll on the front page to gauge interest :)

I'd be interested but it depends on where and when it is. Might cost me too much in petrol to get there and back!! But yeah, sounds like an excellent plan and "I love it when a plan comes together"!

yeah i'm up for it. definetly interested in somewhere smooth i can put down some speed and not worry about potholes etc.

I'd be up for it if i was in the UK but no one would ever drive my C other than me to be honest.

we'd be up for it :D :D

not sure about sharing the car tho as my hubby and i will already be arguing over who takes it on track!! ;)

i'd be up for it if i was on that side of the water, for sure!

G60Jet & vee_r6: i think maybe he means.. a ride-along in other people's cars to see how they feel.. not necessarily driving them yourself.

scott: so does that mean you don't ever open it up on the open road? i see a track event as a chance to push the car as hard as i'd like to on a public road.. but i don't (usually :lol: ) for safety reasons. it doesn't mean you redline every gear and plow into the corners on full brakes..

good luck bringin this together guys, i'm envious already! :? :)

Yeah I dont think they are talking about sharing the car, as in having a drive.. just the opportunity to passenger for a few laps or somethin :)

Glad the responses show positive coleration, I love organising events as I am always known as the organiser!!

If I make some enquiries, cost, times etc I will get back to you guys, I am relatively knew to the forum but when I realised that most of the people on here are real enthuasists then it makes you want to do something really special. I just think the noises from the cars, the great loud whistle and super charged G60's and the Vr's etc will sound the nuts going round a track.

As long as you have decent tyres and a good road worthy car you should have no worries, I dont want the minority to spoil it for the majority. I will need marshals, not quite like in a majour championship, just responsible people that we can communicate with to make sure everything is running smoothly.

Thinking out load....... we could have a get to know everyone, then have a look around the cars and absorb loads of information from everyone then when we are all itching to get on the track we can seperate the boys from the men!! Im getting excited already!

Please help me with rumbers, Iit will take me ages to read each reply etc, or maybe I should have a chat with Andi.

Any questions, please fire away, but I promise the final organisation will be spot on, I hate half hearted attemps.

Just read through the replies, I didnt mention anyone driving other peoples cars, just the owners taking passengers for a spin, so we can all get a chance to really compare our beasts!!

I agree with the guy who said about the southerners getting the short end of the stick so somewhere more neutral, London- ish area is what im thinking at the moment. We all know the possible places, the more people the better the venue its as simple as that.

Mark16v, I love the rims, they're a classic. I used to have them on my Mk2 Golf! I really think that this event will be great, I will even be looking for sponsers, so if anyone knows the rite people thenm get them to contact me. If we all put abit of effort into this then we will all be able to reep the bennifits. More heads are better than 1! Please excuse my rubbish spelling !

Isle of Man ;)

ready made road racing circuit and no speed limits or camera's ;)

No, but seriously, that's a bit unrealistic - I might be interested in an event near the middle of England - as near to liverpool/Manchester etc as possible, the better.

Unlikely to be this year for me though - got pennies to save for other stuff. Taking car accross on the boat is about £120. :shock:

If someone wants to pick me up from Liverpool or Heysham then I think I would be definitely up for it :) hint hint ;)

I agree with the guy who said about the southerners getting the short end of the stick so somewhere more neutral, London- ish area is what im thinking at the moment

Ermm, Last time i looked at a map of britain, London WAS NOT Neutral, Fair enough if you live beside it, but for us in Scotland, No way, thats just too far!!! It's a bit unfair doing it so its close tou yourself, i class that as selfish actually:(

It is actually a Brilliant idea though and i'd love to attend an event like that. Maybe we could have a couple going on for different areas. :D

As VR6 says, pretty close to Manchester would be good, dont think id want to travel much further than that though.

ive got plans for a track day sponser'd by us later this yr after show season :lol:

Yeah i be interested in that, be good to meet up with people.

It would just depend on the time of the yr cos of me job, time off

Sounds good Darren! :)

Would it be open for Corrado Forum members? Well, subject to whatever fees are necessary of course.