Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

Alloys 4 my Storm

Not got a clue about alloys and would value your opinion on these kiddies.

seems like a good price?

One thing i do know is I want to save my origional BBS jobies as there are part of the Storm signatory.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Thanks in advance fellas ( and ladies if there are any.)

PS. do I need any special size/spacers/bodywork adjustments?

I think they look cheap and tacky. A I reckon they would look even worse when actually seen in real life.

Just my 2p.

Jay

All comments appricated, bad-good or indifferent. 2p been around a lot and will given time change the WORLD :lol:

Cheers JAY and PS. cracking car U'ave got!!

I think they look great, everyone's entitled to their opinion I suppose.

Would you be saving the BBS solitudes for best or do they need some refurb work?

Ta Stormin Dave. BBS for Sunday best. no refurb required. (i think) :wink:

i think the wheels look ok but end up at £600 with rubber on - a tad pricey compared to secondhand

add another £50 or so for tracking and tyre fitting etc maybe another 150 or so for polishing if u want :lol: = £800

add another £50 or so for tracking and tyre fitting etc maybe another 150 or so for polishing if u want :lol: = £800

Hmmm. Adding up! Best place add in Alloys Wanted Section. Tks for your Views

Be careful with alloys. Replicas are heavier than the OE fitments due to the inferior metal, which affects the way the car handles and accelerates. You need to keep the wheels as light as possible to retain the nimbleness of the 15s. Certain BBS rims and RH ZW1s in 17" size weigh the same as the OE Speedlines and BBS solitudes (15 lbs) or less and it's these 17s which give a good ride and don't affect the handling etc.

However, the extra rubber will still ultimately give you a finished wheel that weighs more than stock. A Corrado will always deliver it's best on 15s, that is a fact, but if you're prepared to make a small sacrifice with good quality 17s, you'll be happy.

Good prices on the tyres I think,£260 for four 215x40x17 Toyos sounds good to me.

The wheels are a bit iffy, I think you would be better going for BBS RC or similar,as they always look good on Corrados. 8)

Just my opinion. 8)

Kev - which 17" BBS rims weigh the same as the 15" speedlines' solitudes? Because you've convinced me to avoid the cheap 17" option to 'save the solitudes' argument :)