Sign in to follow this  
Heardy

What 12" sub's to go for?

What's the best 12" sub's you can get for around £40-£60 i've been looking at car audio direct and the prices don't seem to bad.What do you reccomend :roll:

Not a lot in that price range, best bet is to scour the freeads or something.

JL audio subs are good for the money.

The cabinet design is as important as the sub, if not more so. Just depends what your goals are.

You're asking the wrong person mate. I have a silly priced sub in mine so can only comment on high-end stuff :?

I used to have a Kenwood 12" in a ported box many moons ago though, and it wasn't bad actually. I think it was about £80 plus the box. I prefer the sound of budget Pioneer subs though. They go deeper and louder.

There not for me i'm just asking for a mate...Are Kenwood sub's any good?

As with any sound equipment - the manufacturer is far less important than the speaker "distortion" measurement. The best speakers/amps are the ones with the lowest distortion levels. :wink:

As Kev says - speaker cabinet design & connecting cables are also just as important as your speaker choice.

..and the head unit too,

im running a panasonic cqc9800, full digital circuit 4x70watts, sq9 equaliser

helps to get the best out of your sounds

There not for me i'm just asking for a mate...Are Kenwood sub's any good?

As with any sound equipment - the manufacturer is far less important than the speaker "distortion" measurement. The best speakers/amps are the ones with the lowest distortion levels. :wink:

As Kev says - speaker cabinet design & connecting cables are also just as important as your speaker choice.

Where does it list the distorsion level's?

You can't measure distortion levels of a speaker as it's usually clipping from the amplifier that causes it in the first place. There is however a measurement called "cone break-up" which is where you get a nasty resonance when the cone loses it's piston action and starts flexing out of shape. This is not normally apparent in subs due to the frequencies they operate at, but rest assured, if you hear a nasty flapping noise coming from the sub, turn the volume down!

Look for a cone that has long excursion, natural rubber surround and a true piston action. That is to say, when you push the cone up from the outer edge, the whole cone moves up equally. If the cone folds over when pushed up from the edge, it will distort easily.

I have 2 Latest model Kenwood 12" Subs for sale - only 2 months old perfect nick in a box. All in excellent condition for £140 if your interested pm me. And if your really interested I am going to yorkshire tomorrow coming back either sat or sun so could meet you. Pic attached. Also have a JBL 4 Channel Amp 600W only 4 months old!!!! for £80!

Personaly i wouldnt buy anything other than Infinity perfect 12"

ive got mates that has these and oh my good they sound amazing

Not only will the shake the life out of u they are very musical

personally im waiting on my pioneer professional sub to go before i get one :)

Well I've just bought 2 Infinity Perfect 12.1 subs. Can't believe I got such a bargain - they are £215 each just about everywhere!!! I paid £200 for both!!!!!!!!

The owner of the shop realised he made a mistake but as I buy a fair bit from him he didn't move from his quote and I got his last 2 at a monster deal!!!!

One of the best places to buy ICE is the mailorder companys in the back of Maxpower etc.

I took the mag to a shop in Manchester that had an ad for a head unit i wanted it costs over £300 in halfords and the ad was for only £120, when he put it through the til it came up as £420 but had to do it at the advert price but had to pay for the postage that the mail order side of the company would have charged £10, so i got a bargain.

I dont know what kind of deals there are at the mo cos i only really read Golf+ or PVW.

But ther were loads of sub/Amp deals when i last looked.

You wanna hear Diamond Audio then!

ok but how much are thesse subs each???

i know on http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk the perfect 12.1 are £100 and for that kind of money u really cant beat its value

also got to agree if i need a few I.C.E bargins max power is the only mag to buy there is so much competition in there ull be a fool to pay full prices

That's a good point, the CM3 Diamond subs are about £180 for a 10 inch I think. JBOB's right though, check out Max Power for great ICE deals. It's probably the only reason to buy it! You'll get the best deals on Sub & Amp packages. BUT, if you have a good ICE retailer near you, they might price match or nearly price macth for you? My amp played up the other day and having a local dealer who could help was invaluable.

a mate is selling a brand new AD 12" sub for STUPID money. £120. his car got nicked and it never saw any use. rrp is like £500

w1200.jpg

AD 12 as in Celestion AD 12? Wow....what a sub. Had a pair of those in a band-pass box in 1994 and they were unbelievable. The Celestion factory is up the road from me too :lol:

Ah OK, I didn't think Celestion still made the AD12!

Just looked at that site and the stuff looks good. The translation on the PDF datasheets is quite amusing though :lol: