Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

Smooth Front Bumper

Ive seen a few cars with the front number plate recess removed/smoothed,im told that its plastic welded but have no idea of how its done. Can i buy a bumper like this or do i need to take it to a body shop,

If so can anybody recomend a body shop in Yorkshire that has done this work before.

The american corrado's came with a smooth bumper, but I would think getting hold of one would be more expensive than smoothing the one you have already, plus i'm not sure if the fittings are the same as on a valver. They also have the side repeaters in the bumper (as you can see from the pic) so you'd still have to do something to it to remove those! I dont think it'd be a massive job for a bodyshop, unfortunatly I cant recomend anywhere, but I hope that helps a bit!

corradoy.gif

Ive seen a few cars with the front number plate recess removed/smoothed,im told that its plastic welded but have no idea of how its done. Can i buy a bumper like this or do i need to take it to a body shop,

If so can anybody recomend a body shop in Yorkshire that has done this work before.

I had mine done by Jason Buckley, he's in Retford which is about 45mins from leeds down the A1. He's very good, my car was runner up for best paint at E38.

They are in the spotlights! I removed the spotlight bubs and fitted led indicator bulbs that are clear but flash orange 8)

I glued an old numberplate in the recess then filled round the edges

But wont the filler crack over time.

Mine has :oops: :cry: but i think thats cos i keep rippin my bumper off on the dodgy Isle of Wight roads :lol:

Try the roads in West Yorkshire sometime, there are pot holes the size of Jupiter up here.

Mines plastic welded. No problems what so ever. It was done by a tvr repair place/body shop - they will be the nuts at plastic welding as tvr's have a lot of plastic on them.

I wouldn't advise filling as it will crack eventually, and your likely to start to see where the old recess was after some time.

Like Dan said, best to get it done pro.. I will say that after seeing dans car last year i would! it looks well sweet!! :D