Sign in to follow this  
Henny

Car value...

Well, it's another one of those "what's it worth" threads, Sorry... :roll: :oops:

Don't worry, it's not 'cos I'm thinking of selling her, and I've not crashed her or anything silly like that... :lol: I've got an agreed value policy on my insurance and they need an independent valuation on my car with an engineers report before they'd even think about coughing up anything more than the 2K they reckon is Book Value at the moment if anything should happen to her... :|

So, the big questions are "how much is she worth?" and "who'll actually put their balls to the wall and put that in writing to shut 'em up over at Flux's?!?"

I've got receipts for just about everything I've had done totalling (are you sitting comfortably?) over £12K NOT including the initial purchase price :oops: I've hundreds photos of just about everything being done, and she's about to go in to get the respray I've been promising her for the last 2 years... I've also got rolling road stats from Stealth and timing stats from the PVW article from the group thrash at Bruntingthorpe....

So, anyone know where I can take her to get a reasonable valuation done on her which will reflect the amount of time, effort and money I've put into this car so that I have the peace of mind to know that if the worst should happen, I'll get something reasonable back... I know I'm never gonna get back what I've put in, and I'm not expecting that, but I'm at a total loss as to what she's really worth now... :|

Ideas, comments and suggestions welcome... 8)

I would say your car must be worth £6-7k at a very bare minimum. It's in superb condition inside and out (including leather!), with a virtually new engine and chassis.

The problem is, it's only going to be worth that much to a proper Corrado nut, as everyone else is going to see it as 'just' a G60.

As to who will actually give you a valuation on it, I don't know, can the CCGB do anything in an official capacity? Maybe G-Werks or someone can give an 'official' valuation. If you know someone at your yokel stealers they might even be able to 'officially' write down a suitably large value for it?

You need to try and get a policy which will replace your car 'part for part' like Adrian Flux - so then you present them with a mountain of pictures, and all the reciepts and they have to go by their words and replace every part & bit of work you have had done?

OK, I've ALREADY got a policy with Flux... (wish I fecking hadn't, but that's a different story... :roll: :evil: )

I've presented them with a list of all of the mods, photos of all the work (I don't think they quite expected a CD of the pics though! :lol: ;) ) and copies of all the receipts, but they want someone impartial to put it in writing as to the value of the car...

I've presented them with a list of all of the mods, photos of all the work (I don't think they quite expected a CD of the pics though! :lol: ;) ) and copies of all the receipts, but they want someone impartial to put it in writing as to the value of the car...

Then they'll want your blood type, every address you've ever lived at, the name of the dog that bit you when you were 9, the place you bought those sausages from last week and... :roll:

It's your car and you've got proof of how much has been spent on it. Why does it matter what somebody else thinks the car is worth if you're insuring it for an agreed amount? Feckin insurance companies...

Why don't you get in touch with Vince - you are miles away from him so it wouldn't apparently be 'your mechanic mate from next door' - and he did say it was the best G60 he'd ever seen...? :)

actually Jim, that's not a bad idea... I wonder if he'd do a report on it... :| I could lob it onto his rollers at the same time and show him what she'll do now that the cam-belt's on properly too! :lol: 8)

dinkus, this is to AGREE the agreed amount...:roll: WIth HIC I just had to show 'em what I'd spent on the car, show 'em a couple of photos of the car and list all the mods... Flux wanted a 6 sheets of A4 questionaire filling out, 6 photos, copies of the receipts (they wanted the originals, but I told 'em exactly where they could shove that idea after they'd managed to loose 3 letters from me already!) and then they want an independant assessment and valuation... :|

If I'd have known the hassles I'd have had with them, there's no way I would have gone with 'em... :| :(

Maybe I should just point 'em to this thread and see what they say then! :lol: :twisted:

You should book it in for a day on the rollers, and with his agreement pre-prepare a letter as if written by Vince if he doesn't have the time to do it (knowing he is very busy!) - and then once he's run it and is also happy with the letter, he just plops his signature on with his blessing, and you send that off to the insurance company saying that one of the most well known and well respected UK VW tuners have verified that they feel the car is worth x amount.

Henny, Jim Cotton used to do valuations. He did one for me a long while ago. I'lll ask him next time I go in. Are you in a rush? It might be a few days..

Or you could email him and mention my name?

Gavin

Remind me never to see ya motor Henny, at 12k+ it will just make me want to spend more and more and Im already climbing to 2k in just 4 mths. Thats without anything noticeable...

p.s She must be Sweet

Cheers Gav, there's no huge rush at the moment, but I'd rather it was done sooner than later just in case some of these muppets who keep trying it on manage to mess up the braking and end up smashing my car up... :| It's not the theft element of the insurance I'm that bothered about (the trakM8 deals with that nicely! ;) ) it's the other idiots on the road damaging the car which concerns me somewhat... :|

If you could have a word, that'd be cool... I can even pop down there one lunch time and go and see him... 8)

I really really can't wait to see this car as the fully finished article - respray, original bumper, re-rebuilt and running at its full potential.. its going to rule :) :)

you ain't the only one Jim! :oops: :lol: 8)

She's not looking too bad at the moment though... the original spec bumper's back on now and she looks good, just needs the paintwork sorting and she'll not be far off how I want her... 8)

You need to speak to Chris Knott mate - you need a technical inspection report...

Aren't these the jokers that Stevemac is having a dispute with??

...and who didn't want to insure me 'cos there's too many modifications to my engine?..... :roll:

...and who didn't want to insure me 'cos there's too many modifications to my engine?..... :roll:

It's not a modified engine, it's bespoke engine :lol:

Chris Knott don't do the valuations themselves...they referred me to a company called Lancaster Agreed Valuations (01480 484874). Whether they'd produce a valuation report without a broker referral I couldn't say, but they might be worth a try. I insured my 70k VR6 for £7k without any difficulty, and it's not nearly as, er, bespoke as J DUB :)

If I were you I'd certainly aim high with the amount... 5 figures definately.

CheersJoeNose, I'll give them a ring in the morning... 8)

I've set a basic value at 9K with Flux at the moment as that's pretty much what I could build another one the same for now I know what I'm doing! There's been quite a bit of prototype style development during the build of this car, and some of it's been rather expensive... :|

There's something about the word bespoke that I like... it does kinda sum up the car nicely doesn't it! :lol: 8)

sorry to jump on here and hijack Henny thread :oops: but this is also very interesting for me :)

now that my car is ready to go back onto the roads of the uk im really looking to do this evaluation thing but there is two things that in my mind will hold me up

One the charger not run in and the map hasnt been done so i really dont know what the engine output will be

Second is that im going for a change of interior so will this also affect the final pricing of it??

my insurance company knows im supercharging but due to the fact I dont have the final power outputs I cant insure the charger acurately which is a pity

any advise guys???