Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

new rad

my rad decided to piss most of the coolant all over my engine bay yesterday!!! it seems to be coming from the gasket where the top hose meets the rad. does this mean new rad??? how much should one cost on a vr6?? also looking through all the old bills for my car it has had 3 water pumps fitted over the last 2 yrs for losing coolant? is this common or a point to other probs. it was losing coolant recently and my garage diagnosed the thermostat housing and changed and all was good. could the main dealers have diagnosed the leak wrongly and changed waterpumps??

:( :( :(

ive just taken mine off,and where the top hose joins the rad there a rubber o ring, part number 535 121 687(just happen to have etka running)

my rad decided to p*** most of the coolant all over my engine bay yesterday!!! it

Mine did that too about two weeks after i bought it. I was sure mine was that gasket as well cos I couldn't see a leak anywhere else, but actually there was a crack in the radiator that only opened up after about 3k revs and then just drenched the engine compartment. Obviously when you stop to look you can't see the leak :(

Might be the radiator after all :roll: Mine went at 75K and I when I posted it as a problem on here quite a few other people said it went at the same mileage.

Is the car new to you? Its just I'm sure mine went because it got such a thrashing in the first three weeks that it just finished the rad off :twisted: