Sign in to follow this  
Hemz

purge fuel tank

has anyone had problems that have been cured by having the fuel tank purged thus removing sediment, am i talking rubbish? :?:

Muck/ sediment in the fuel tank used to be a big problem in the Scirrocos.

My mum had two and both had running problems that were solved when my dad cut off/out a mesh filter on the fuel exit pipe. It looked like crap was getting drawn up into the mesh and restricting the fuel flow. After removing this mesh, the crap then got pulled through into the filter which could then just be replaced.

Having said that any time I have had a peep into an empty tank on any of my cars they have been spotless :?

Muck/ sediment in the fuel tank used to be a big problem in the Scirrocos

Yup, the rusty fuel filler neck problem. Otherwise excellent cars those Roccos, said he who has 2 :lol: At least no door handle problems :lol:

Tempest

Otherwise excellent cars those Roccos

Yes they were nice cars. My mums first one was a cracker. The colour was called champagne metallic and it had a deep pile royal purple carpets and seats. It went really fast too. It was A reg- always wondered whether it was a special edition :?

i didnt have any problems with muck in my tank until my dad decided to keep 5litres of wood preservative in a jerry can and i added that to my fuel!!!!! :cry: :cry: :oops:

didnt get far but after a couple of hours of removing/cleaning injectors etc..... it was fine!

Yup, the rusty fuel filler neck problem.

And Autocavan used to sell a lovely stainless filler pipe to get round that one :lol: My MK1 Golf needed one after dredging nearly 25 grammes of metal fragments from the bottom of the tank :shock:

You should have seen the shit that was in dinkus' fuel filter and the filters that protect the fuel pump. Although on dissasembly the actual pump mechanism seemed fine - no wear at all.

benji16v, Hello fellow C man, i noticed you said you removed injectors to clean. After removing fuel lines to injectors i noticed that they move freely but are difficult to get out i didnt want to pull at them to hard as i may have messed the thread up on the injectors, i hope that made a little sence to u? any help to get these little babbies out, Thanx Benji16v :mrgreen:

Shouldn't need to really. My tank at 90K had nothing at all at the bottom. What issues have you got?

poor responce, jerking at low revs, must keep revs high to pull away, can't be driven slow. Cheers

IIRC i had the injectors out whilst still attatched to the rail so i could see them squirting, but i cant remember how to get them out, someone will tell you i`m sure... sorry