Sign in to follow this  
PhatVR6

The worst set of BBS RS's in the World.....EVER!

Just look at the state of these.....only been on a car for 3 years....and they'd never been washed...ever. this is what they looked like after the brake dust was burned off with acid. dear oh dear.... a sorry state indeed.

what do you reckon, new rims on the back, up to 8.5" wide? black centres, and flush centre caps (BTW how do you unsrew the centre caps once you have the flat centres on??)

Just look at the state of these.....only been on a car for 3 years....and they'd never been washed...ever. this is what they looked like after the brake dust was burned off with acid. dear oh dear.... a sorry state indeed.

what do you reckon, new rims on the back, up to 8.5" wide? black centres, and flush centre caps (BTW how do you unsrew the centre caps once you have the flat centres on??)

Flat centres suck.

Flat centres suck.

Are you and Phat competing for the forum's bluntest member?

Flat centres suck.

Are you and Phat competing for the forum's bluntest member?

Couldn't begin to compete, he's the master.

Phat, bad move using acid/wonder wheels etc on split rims - will lift the lacquer and eat into the machined finish on the outers, even on a new set. Although these are fecked, so it doesn't really matter as much. What you gonna do to the outers?

Phat, bad move using acid/wonder wheels etc on split rims - will lift the lacquer and eat into the machined finish on the outers, even on a new set. Although these are fecked, so it doesn't really matter as much. What you gonna do to the outers?

Just about to say that, the trouble is once it gets through the lacquer it just gets underneath and keeps going, 2 of my RM's are like that :cry:

What a shame such nice wheels end up like that.

I'd just refurb them with normal rims and flog em cause you don't like them.

I think the last owner had a bit of a tracking problem by the looks of the tyres LOL They are the worst condition wheels I ve seen full stop on any kind of wheel!!!

You don't have to lecture me on the use of acid on the wheels. my mate who got them for me did that///they were so filthy he didn't even know if they were 3 peice or not!!!

I was going to buy new rims, haven them pinted, rechrome the bolts and sell them on all blinged up, but if someone wants to take on the mammoth project themselves, someone who will appreciate the wheels more than I do then I'd let them go for the right money.

I'm scared i may actually grow to like them if i put any time or money into them, or, god forbid, actually put them on the corrado.

I was going to give them a nice thick coat of silver hammerite and use the at curborough just to wind peoplle up!! :evil:

Just out of interest how much would you sell them for like that? I quite enjoyed doing the refurb on mine. I would buy new outers, use a wire drill piece on each bolt then laquer them, send the center's (includings bbs caps etc) off to spit n' polish in Kent and not bother about the rear section unless messed up, I rekon you could make them look nice again for around £200