Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

pioneer irritatingly bright screen

i've got a pioneer deh-p8400mp head unit which has one of those oel displays which reverse colours every 10 seconds or so, only problem is now the darker nights have set in it gets quite distracting as it lights the inside of the car up, i am sure i remember someone on here mentioning a way of stopping it reversing.

might have been henny (not suprisingly) :lol:

any ideas :?:

Yep, turn the unit off, press and hold the function key and a menu appears. Scroll through and you get to the dimmer and reverse-video mode settings 8)

Can't turn the annoying beep off though :evil:

Yeah the reverse thing is a terrible design - had to kill that VERY quickly with my P7400 :)

not me coolrado, I'm not a big fan of Pioneer ICE... :|

fair enough, let me guess........... alpine 8)

i would have gone for alpine too but at the time they didnt produce what i needed as far as inputs go, and i got my pioneer 7" screen new for 175 quid

and anything was better than the kenwood d mask + i had before it which was awfull

i may upgrade to alpine soon though

actually, my TV system is a Clarion... 8) (but I do really like Alpine stuff too! ;) )

ah, I didn't say I didn't like their sound I just always find their controls are too fiddly and their button layouts always seem to be too LHD orientated for me...

Sony's are even worse for this IMHO...

my sony md player is easy to operate.

the beep and all that animation crapola is annoying. its all turned off.

md players rule

actually, my TV system is a Clarion... 8) (but I do really like Alpine stuff too! ;) )

doh! i should have known that as i have seen it about four times now :lol:

i actually need a new volume knob and fascia casing for mine as the chrome coating on the volume knob has peeled leaving a razor sharp edge, and the fascia has cracked where it clips on due to me moutain biking with it in my pocket :roll:

Yeah Pioneer's menu systems aren't brilliant or very intuative, but then nor are Alpine's current offerings in all honesty....

I suppose it's like Mobile phones, you get used to a certain layout and operation.....

Yeah Pioneer's menu systems aren't brilliant or very intuative, but then nor are Alpine's current offerings in all honesty....

Hence the Clarion! ;) :lol: