Sign in to follow this  
CaiosG60 PWR

Cai Golf G60 (fitted new G ready for bodyshop)

That looks SWEET dude!!!! Like your taste in rear lights! :lol: :lol:

Got to get me some cromalux rear glass one day. Looks good and you can really see it in that picture.

Nice one Edd! low miles too!!

Just a post with my new engine spec and to thank Ant(banana man), darren(gman), steve(beavis) for doing a great job on my motor! Thats G-WERKS and PITSTOP DEVELOPMENTS!

Ported and Polished head (TSR pack A)

Fully Ported and rebuilt charger

68 mm pulley

SNS chip mapped for my grey injectors(rallye injectors)

High presure fuel regulator (Boch 3.5bar I think)

Giro Valve (isv valve thing)

Supersprint de-cat

Full supersprint exhaust system (oval tailpipe)

Modded standard air box

boost return blanking plate

mostly samco boost pipes

Should mention car has big front mount intercooler as standard.

Bined

Boost return pipe (crazy dump valve like noise.....yeah!)

Carbon canister thing

Jabba sport chip

Also while there had new

CO pot (think thats what it was called)

Nock sensor

Cam belt

Cam belt tensioners

Head gasket

Its a big change! Car is now a mint example I reckon! Body work was always okay but engine was a bit ropey but really sweet now. When I went out to the car this morning it was covered in frost and very cold. Started it up and it ran beautifully instantly, like it had been running a while already! How cool is that!!!

no probs cai !! glad you happy with it .. and i think you also win the prize for most travelled customer of 2003..

LOl yeah I really wouldn't have fancied the drive you had to get home :D At least you had a good chance to bed the new seals in the charger in hehehe :D

Cai, can you answer me an odd question about your call (and all ed1)?

The floor pan....is it the same as the rallye or is it the standard golf floor??

I wsa speaking to a guy who has a ottinger tuned g60 and he says his is the rallye floor pan....just wondered if it applied to all?

You been talking to Matt(Dubwiz) then? :lol: I have always thought that the floor pan on mine is the same as the Rallye. The 'central tunel' (think thats what its called) is higher than other Golfs. Also the rear spare wheel hole isnt as deep as other golfs, not to sure about this though. The body shells on the rallye and the 2wd g60 golfs are apparently more rigid than others too. Not sure how this is done, bonded windsreeen, slightly different rear end? I reckon PhatVR6 will be able to answer this in a more precise and techniqual way as he's a collector of vw 4wd bits!! 8) 8) :lol: :lol:

You been talking to Matt(Dubwiz) then?

no...a guy in edinburgh has one, craig is his name....dont know much else about him!

The shells in the rallye have got extra box sections in them and are much more rigid, i didnt realise that the ed1s and the like had the same shell till now.......interesting!

The G60s have the raised tunnel all the way to the back but they dont have the raised rear floor pan of the rallye. So to make a G60 4WD, would be extremely expensive. You might as well buy a syncro.

As an aside andy, I'd appreciate you putting me in touch with craig, I'm always interested in talking to other g60 oettinger owners.

MAtt

looking good cai

you been cleaning today and not doing much work then mate???? :lol:

Yeah, wicked Ant! I've done sod all millage on it. Still running it with the woosh noise!!

Your car looks mint in that sig pic! What happend to the x-flow?

Erm it is still kinda in the pipeline just getting quotes on getting a inlet manifold fabricated at the mo. If you wanna sell the head back to me I'll be more than willing to buy it back off of you :D Going to take my car to be rolling roaded next week so see how that goes, be interesting to see what it puts out now!

I'm bored so I've finally got my taton park pics of my camera.

Nice pictures, best I've got of my car. 8) :lol:

Also picture of the inside of my broken charger. Shows how the apex seal groves have worn then broken. Some of the bits you see missing are missing. I havnt tried turning it over with a by pass belt on yet. Finggers crossed its all okay. :mad:

Some of my polished gearbox case again, and finally a picture of my new charger thats on route from USA!! Hopefully it'll be here in time to go under the tree from Santa! :lol:

Defo, should keep me busy while I get the money together for a rebuild! I’d like to get it chromed. But after hearing that chroming your gearbox could cost £500, I think chroming’s out for me. :lol:

US bloke reckons my charger should be here any day. So back on the road soon.

Defo, should keep me busy while I get the money together for a rebuild! I’d like to get it chromed. But after hearing that chroming your gearbox could cost £500, I think chroming’s out for me. :lol:

US bloke reckons my charger should be here any day. So back on the road soon.

charger may cost £150ish.

Thats within my reach. uum, maybe a possibility.

Would chrome take to a charger though? There made of magnesium alloy so I've know idea if that can be chromed or not. I'm sure I've seen a chromed charger before though.