Sign in to follow this  
CrazyMan

Removing Leather recaros

Okay my electric recaros have kind of packed up, well they still work because ive supplied a direct feed from the fuse box and they still move, so it must be the wiring of some sort.

How do i go about removing the seats so i can check out the problem and re-wire them?

Also my heated seats are fooked yet when turning them on i can hear the relay go, what could this problem be (fuse maybe) i have no idea where to start?

you need to First

push the seat all the way forward

remove the retangular plug that holds the runner cover on, slide the runner cover back and off, then push the seat back remove the bolt and the lift the seat out by pushing it off its runner and lifting.

Also my heated seats are fooked yet when turning them on i can hear the relay go, what could this problem be (fuse maybe) i have no idea where to start?

I've just finished fitting heated / electric Recaros but I didn't have the old wiring loom and had to start from scratch. I'm pretty sure they're wired in correctly though (i.e. as per wiring diagram). My heated seats aren't heating either. I get the click from the relays but then nothing happens. I'd be interested to hear common faults.

Andy

C6 SVR, Do the seats have the switches on the side of the bases?

If so try taking the switches out take them apart and clean up the copper coloured contacts.

I had this problem with the passenger side electric Recaro in my car this worked for me.

Good Luck :)

C6 SVR, Do the seats have the switches on the side of the bases?

Sorry, I wasn't being clear. The electric motors are working fine. The Seats aren't heating-up.

Andy

If you really want to get these seats out of your C, use a chainsaw.

Nothing else will be as quick, nor as easy.

:mad:

In the event that you would like to be able to re-use them without extensive repairs, do as Nigel says...