Sign in to follow this  
M777CUSGTI

Fitting elec windows??

will golf electric windows go in? My electric windows in the C are so slow think they need replacing.

M777CUSGTI, I take you have sorted yourself out with a raddo at last???

Luke

i'm confused are we talking about golf windows?

either way find a good VAG set.

as for slow working windows, before you go replacing stuff, spray furniture polish in the tracks that the window slides in. sometimes they just get sticky in there.

I find the electric window in my C are very klunky. They seem to work ok, but open and close very abruptly. Maybe it's just how they are, I do have to keep remembering this isn't a BMW (my last 2 cars were) and things will be different.

I do have to keep remembering this isn't a BMW (my last 2 cars were) and things will be different.

yep now you have to use your indicators

you cant park on double yellow lines, right outside the door of the shop anymore

:lol:

I've only ever had 1 parking ticket for parking on double-yellows in my BMW (was just lucky not to have been caught all the other times!!). Guess it's my partners turn for all that now that he's got my BMW.

and it's more fun to drive and there's a much better following. Nice to have other C drivers waving at you - takes me back to the days of having my pink, white and blue Beetle!

I fitted electric windows into my golf and it wasnt too hard, finding a centre console with the switches in and doing the wiring was harder.

As for the Corrado electric windows, mine say electrolife on them, i take it these arent original then? Is there anything that can be done to mechanisms or the motors to make them last longer? Dont really wanna be buying new motors and mechanisms for both sides just yet. Anyone know where i can get some new ones for for a decent price? I saw a brand new set go on ebay for £36 a couple of weeks ago, just missed out.