Sign in to follow this  
golddust

I want to change my M3 mirrors, options?

Hi guys,

I've got M3 mirrors fitted and the door mounting points smoothed so the mirrors are fitted to the black triangle by the window.

Trouble is the M3 mirrors are at a strange angle when inside the car so I want to change them. Thing is without the door mounting points I can't go back to original corrado ones!

Any ideas on what might fit? I wondered about Mk3 golf ones....? The ones on the New beetle are ok but too big!

Hello mate, I havent seen yr rado in MK!!!

how long you had it? what mods etc you done to it??

Hi,

I've only had the car in MK for about 3 weeks, plus I don't tend to do the Saturday night McDonalds thing so probably dont see it on the MK roads that often!

Anyhow, here's a rough list of what's going on:

Nugget Yellow

RS4 Bodykit all round

Lowered 40mm

17" BBS

Crap stainless exhaust (gotta go)

3 slat grill with eyebrow spoiler (coloured)

M3 mirrors with indicators

debadged, but Wolfsburg badge at rear and old side repeaters

Black interior with Yellow Leather centres (want to get just black!)

Delocked, coloured Mk4 type handles

side strips removed

I'll take a pic at lunchtime and post it here...

Wouldn't mind meeting up in MK as I really need to look at another 16v engine to compare as I think I'm missing a vacuum hose on the airbox....

Oh and I forgot to mention, under the bonnet it's got polished this and that and some plastic parts replaced with chromed steel, like the horizontal pipe in front of the head, rad fan housing etc.

hey mate, I dont hang out at mc'ds either.. :lol: I have been to cruise though with Roby D another local forum user.. :D

car sounds cool mate, would be good to see some pics.. if you want to see a dirty standard looking 16v yr welcome to see myn, but its not going to be standard for very long!

Where abouts in MK are you? I'm a Furzton lad at present.

Just thought, even if I do take pics at lunch I can't upload them until I get home anyway! Doh!

oh right, no worries.. its very easy to upload pics, if you get stuck I'm sure a mod will help.. :D

Sounds like you've got a nice C there that's been nicely looked after 8) I'll try and make it out to one of the MK meets sometime and have a look :)

Just thought I should mention that C's weren't actually made by VW in Wolfsburg, they were made by Karmann in Osnabrück... ;)

Yeah, I actually wanted a standard 16v in yellow but everyone I called was always sold before I rang!

Finally I found one but it was modded :| Once it was obviously nice but last owner neglected it a bit so things are not what they could be....

Anyhow, I want to ditch some of the mods and improve on others. First thing to sort is the engine problems and lack of dash lights!

I was wondering about the whole Wolfsburg thing.... It's a karmann interior which has had the centre panels on the seats redone in yellow leather (yuck). And I've found receipts for Wolfsburg badges in the history so I'm not so certain it was originally anything special.... As I said, the badges are in place of the VW one on the back, in place of the side repeaters and one beside the ignition.

The side repeaters have be put into the M3 mirrors but I think I'd like to go back to standard with those as they look cack in the mirrors!

did you get the car locally? all the questions LOL

as long as you keep on top of things rados' are cool, cars!!

a mate of myn has seen a low yellow rado in MK on black rims, not yrs is it?

Thanks, but back to the point of this post... THE WING MIRRORS!!!

Gotta change 'em, anyone know what might fit?

Boxster or 996?

Hmmm, hadn't thought about porsche... Thing is now I've got the doors smoothed I don't really wanna touch them so whatever I get has to fit where the M3 ones are.

Think I'd better find some pis of the porsche kit...

Hmmm, hadn't thought about porsche... Thing is now I've got the doors smoothed I don't really wanna touch them so whatever I get has to fit where the M3 ones are.

Think I'd better find some pis of the porsche kit...

Late porsche mirrors are window mounted so should be an easy swap. Always fit parts from more expensive cars :wink: