Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Door Pins

I'm looking to replace my original door pins and wondered what types you lot have got fitted? The original ones just look so out-dated. What can you recommend and are they simple to fit? Do they just unscrew or is there more involved?

Awesome GTi do some Golf ball ones now...

Same fitting as most VW's of that age, Mk2 golf etc...

the ones i was looking at said they were for 97 onwards ??

I've just ordered a set off ebay - they're "standard" whatever that means, so hopefully they'll fit ok. Have a look on ebay, theres loads and it depends how bling bling you want to go. Worst case, you might have to force fit the pins in order to get the threads to match up.

i saw some at one of the shows, i think it was dubfreeze they where alloy pins with an upright flat vw roundel i havent seen them any where since though?

my mate has been looking for them since the show for his mk2 gti.

any ideas where to get them?

I'm pretty certain that these are OLD aftermarket Beetle ones and were probably being sold for quite a bit of cash... at least, the last time I saw a set they were on a '62 Beetle... :|

I'm pretty certain that these are OLD aftermarket Beetle ones and were probably being sold for quite a bit of cash... at least, the last time I saw a set they were on a '62 Beetle... :|

the stall at dubfreeze had a big box full and they where new and 5quid per pair i even had a leaflet for the company but i lost it and cant remember their name :mad:

i was going to get a set but thought they may be a little too easy to hook with a coat hanger :wink:

it was the first or second stall on the left hand side as you went into the indoor bit if that jogs anyones memory :)