Sign in to follow this  
AlanVW

My Corrado Hates Me,

So i had it in the paper on wednesday and noone has phoned about it, was going to put it back in next week but it decided it dosent want to go in the paper.

So was driving along riverside drive last night and then hit a small bump and Bang, I hear heaps of rattiling. stop to see whats wrong with it and i get out to find my backbox hangining on by a thread so got it in my boot now. last time i looked underneath i decided the system had to go anyway it had more than 3 obvious leaks half the monunts didnt line up right. some were stretched like you dont know what. to be honest i dont think the exauhst if for the corrado it fits so badly.

Some of my heat sheilds because of the crap fitting exauhst decided to start to fall off as well one was hanging off but we couldnt pull it off so just jammed it up somewhere but we lost it on the way home.

I Could just put on another backbox or weld the olld one up like crazy but I dont see the point the whole system is in need of attention.

So I want a Good System That Isnt Loud and fits perfectly I dont want stretched mounts or anything.

I took a long time reading the Miltec/Magnex Debate but didnt actually decided on what one would be of a better fitment and quality thing is I am north of aberdeen and want one next week ordering it on monday. can anyone help ?

im only a 1st year apprentice plant mechanich and dont have oodles of money, but i see already im just going to loose money if i sell the car. so maby fixing the problems and making it look nice is a plan untill i save the pennies and get a VR6 in a year or two.

My wheels, I do like my wheels but they just take too long to clean so I want another set of wheels but am not sure of the size to get i have tried a search but cant find anything on the best wheel size. i want the wheels to look nice and fill the arches, but i dont want to compramise too much handiling/speed for them. was thinking something around the region of a 16" but i dont know how much thats going to affect my handiling.

you may well find fitting 16" wheels costs more than fitting 17" due mainly to the cost of the tyres,the reason being they sell a hell of a lot more 17's rather than 16's

So I want a Good System That Isnt Loud and fits perfectly I dont want stretched mounts or anything.

I took a long time reading the Miltec/Magnex Debate but didnt actually decided on what one would be of a better fitment and quality thing is I am north of aberdeen and want one next week ordering it on monday. can anyone help ?

There's no debate, Magnex is miles better. Milltek have been report to have improved the fit of their system but its still no magnex when it comes to build quality. Go to each manufactures website and look as the quality of the welding around the rear silencer end plate then make up your own mind. Worth investing in poly hangers too.

If you haven't got oodles of money to spend and you're thinking of selling your C, then TBH I'd just stick a standard exhaust back on. You can get genuine ones for a reasonable price from GSF. Unlike all SS ones, it's no noisier than standard (obviously) and it costs about half the price...

Ok it might not have the bling factor of a SS one, but if your current one has lasted the 10+ years then another one should last just as long.

Well after the zorst falling off on friday night spent half of saturday welding it up and i found out my front 2 tires were worn down to the canvas. managed to get the exauhst back on with some more mounts this time and put on wheels from my mom's Golf.

Went to knockhill with it toaday. Had a lot of fun. although prettymuch everything on the track was quicker than the corrado. and had been setup for a track day rally cars. running on slicks etc... I thought the corrado was doing not that badly.

but it isnt alll good I Had a few trips on the grass and i broke the exauhst in another place up near manifold, my clutch has also packed up and is making a awful noise when you push the pedal so i reckon i will have to take the box out now.

it dosent look like the car wants to be sold.

looks like it's back to the old golf untill I can get the clutch fixed and the zorst.