Sign in to follow this  
trebor

schrick manifolds for AbV and AAA vr6

Well that has done it--------Ive posted in the engine and tuning section. ------That means Ive proved him wrong -----Nice one Mr moderator all is for given. However I post the prices for 1 and a group buy option in the parts for sale section. I am wrong, isnt this a forum ??????

FFS......perhaps you should stay off the wine :roll: ...............ive moved this into the engine and tuning mods section because you had it in the parts for sale section originally (with no fixed price either :roll: )........so as its turning more into a Q and A re schricks etc ive put it into here for the time being............once you get these magic prices that you the Trader sorry private individual can get it'll be moved back...............if thats ok with you of course :roll:

This is turning into one bizarre alcohol fuelled thread...... some of us need to stay off the BabyShams and get with the program I feel.

don't think i'd have an un-schricked VR now,especially after driving Pau1's standard VR down to Star on sunday.............ok its got the bigger rims and the lambda probe was kaput but it felt so dour to drive compared to mine................Oakley if you do go for one make sure you get it re-mapped or uni-chipped

:p LOL C nut. Wait till its finished then. :-P

Do it. We'll use Dr Mat's plot (in the Unichip v remap thread) as an example of what you can achieve with just a VGI. 199 ft/lbs at 3650rpm.....yum :lol:

Would anyone be interested in a modified controller? Stealth have noticed that multiple switch-over points would give better results. The standard manifold gives 10-15lb/ft more torque at 1500rpm than the VGI does, so ideally the flap needs to be open until about 1750rpm, closed till 3750 and then open again. A progressive opening would also remove the dead zone at 4000 rpm make the engine feel more linear.....

I have an electronics graduate on stand-by if there's enough interest :D

Interesting. Maybe that's what AMD's "uprated VSR controlbox" did?

Can't say I've noticed a poor response at very low revs since fitting the Schrick, if anything I've always felt it to be at least as good as before. Maybe it was masked by the yawning chasm of torque-free living between there and 3700rpm all the time?

Would anyone be interested in a modified controller? Stealth have noticed that multiple switch-over points would give better results. The standard manifold gives 10-15lb/ft more torque at 1500rpm than the VGI does, so ideally the flap needs to be open until about 1750rpm, closed till 3750 and then open again. A progressive opening would also remove the dead zone at 4000 rpm make the engine feel more linear.....

I have an electronics graduate on stand-by if there's enough interest

Sounds like a plan.... would it be pretty cheap to do?

Yeah should be pretty cheap and easy to do :lol:

There must be a simple and effective 'mum' joke that I could use here......

I prove that mod team member wrong..

hmmmmm you'll prove me right more like :wink:

you should start giving schricks away , that'll show the mods :lol:

yip i'd eat humble pie then :lol: ............somehow tho........i can't see it :roll:

After talking to schrick and stealthracing the prices are not much different.. To be honest its a whole lot easier to buy from stealthracing... So Ive gone a head and booked the car in for the 13 December 2004 for schrick cams268 and schrick manifold £1200 manifold £500 cams + fitting + remap = £2900 so about £1200 for a remap+fitting. No mention of valve springs............

yip i'd eat humble pie then :lol: ............somehow tho........i can't see it :roll:

After talking to schrick and stealthracing the prices are not much different.. To be honest its a whole lot easier to buy from stealthracing... So Ive gone a head and booked the car in for the 13 December 2004 for schrick cams268 and schrick manifold £1200 manifold £500 cams + fitting + remap = £2900 so about £1200 for a remap+fitting. No mention of value springs............

you been hitting the red again :D ????............cos i don't really understand what you are trying to say here?

Its easier to buy from stealthracing......So thats what Ive done ....thats what im saying

i understood that bit............but why quote a previous reply(of mine) to this thread ???

cos you certainly haven't proved me wrong if thats what you are insinuating :roll:

No your right dude,... sorry....

anyway you should have some serious gains with that little lot........so keep us posted on how you get on :wink:

After talking to schrick and stealthracing the prices are not much different.. To be honest its a whole lot easier to buy from stealthracing... So Ive gone a head and booked the car in for the 13 December 2004 for schrick cams268 and schrick manifold £1200 manifold £500 cams + fitting + remap = £2900 so about £1200 for a remap+fitting. No mention of valve springs............

That's quite a price.

If I read the above correctly, that is exactly what Stealth ARE charging for the VSR, cams, fitting and rechip.