Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

Mk4 golf Rear Calipers

Evenin all, i'm about to change my rear calipers for the mk4 ones and the breaker i spoke to told me that theres a difference between the golf petrol and the tdi rear calipers,.....firstly which ones do i need???..............second do i use the golf pads or will the corrado ones work...........

oh and also my coil pack is on its way out ...GSF do one for 100 odd quid anyone used one of these are they reliable???

You need the early MK4 (pre vented 256mm) calipers, standard Corrado discs and MK3 98 GTI pads, or MK4 pads sanded 1mm. The difference between Corrado, MK3 and MK4 pads is 1mm thickness. MK4 being the thickest, Corrado being the thinnest. There seems to be a difference of opinion on the pads but you definitely get a mushier pedal with Corrado pads. The MK4 calipers seem to prefer the MK4/late MK3 pads. I have no idea why, but in practice that's the way it is.

Beru packs from GSF are OK, just take it back if it lets go. The original fit TEMIC ones are better but cost £180+VAT from the dealer.

K

Spoke to C&R today and they do a kit for 200 quid in exchange for your old calipers, the guy i'm getting my calipers from is doing them for 80 a pair which is cheap!!.........C&R told me there are three types of golf mk4 caliper and only one works the one without a letter at the end of the part number.......................can anyone here shine some light on this. :roll:

I've gpt a brand new one somewhere.

not sure which side or whether it's the right one. will have to check the part number.

£60 plus postage if anyone wants it?i