Sign in to follow this  
Adam Darby

K Starr piggyback management ECU

ive been told that the K Starr piggyback management ECU is no longer in production do you where i could get hold of one and how much would it cost.

K-star is the piggy-back ECU for K-Jet cars Tom... :roll:

As far as I know, you're correct Adam Darby, K-star isn't manufactured anymore... I've seen a few go through on ebay for anything between £30 and £150 depending on how well the advert's been written... ;)

Good luck! :)

ive been told that the K Starr piggyback management ECU is no longer in production do you where i could get hold of one and how much would it cost.

Keep yours eyes on ebay

no longer being produced but stealth will still map it for you

chris

K-star is the piggy-back ECU for K-Jet cars Tom... :roll:

:p

Want to talk about offshore Trusts and accounting concepts Mr I-know-a-lot-about-cars? :lol:

Want to talk about offshore Trusts and accounting concepts Mr I-know-a-lot-about-cars? :lol:

Not really mate.... ;) :lol:

Although, if you can make my debts magically disappear, I'd be more than interested! :lol: 8)

Add this one too, but seeing as the question was answered in the first couple of posts and an alternative has also been suggested by Kev, is it really a problem?!? :roll:

this forum section is titled Tuning and Engine Mods

Discuss the various methods of tuning and mod'ing your 1.8, 2 litre, G60 and VR6. not idle chit chat thats for the off topic section..you mods should no better..wait hang on you lot are the worst offenders

this forum section is titled Tuning and Engine Mods

Discuss the various methods of tuning and mod'ing your 1.8, 2 litre, G60 and VR6. not idle chit chat thats for the off topic section..you mods should no better..wait hang on you lot are the worst offenders

the "idle chit chat" is what makes this forum more interesting imo otherwise you might as well just chuck a bunch of vw data sheets up on here which i think you would agree would be usefull but very dull. :?

is it really that difficult to press the down cursor a couple of times to skip past the "idle chit chat" if you want to :wink:

Adam i have a k-star piggy back brain for sale it cost me over £500 2 years ago and i have the disc and coms lead it was on my 2.1 16v corrado

Dazzy, do us all a favour and take your miserable, moaning arse somewhere else.

Ouch :!:

back on topic;look out for VSAM as well - piggyback chip like Kstar

I think C&R still do VSAM don't they? Only snag with that is it has to be internally mounted as it's not waterproof..... but it does the same thing as K star. VSAM-Pro is the same as Kstar KS301 if you want fuelling controlled aswell.

CandR have stopped now, and handily thrown their programming software and leads in the skip :roll: along with the system plans so you can't replicate.

There is people about with the software though, so long as you have the lead! I've got the regular Vsam, and am guessing mine has a programme written into it all ready from the effect it has when used with optimax :D

Yeah I've got the K Star software... comes on a floppy :lol:

Unfortunately K-Star and VSAM became obsolete when Optimax and SuperUnleaded were introduced :? The Pro and KS301 are still worth having though. Shame they killed them off.