Sign in to follow this  
fla

VR not starting

Surely if the immobiliser was the problem, the engine wouldn't even turn over?

My Toad immobiliser turns itself back on (immobilises the car) 30 secs after me opening the door, if I haven't started the car up.

When this happens, there is 'no nothing'.

The engine is completely dead.

I have to turn the ignition to on, nothing happens, no lights on the dash etc.

Then I press the disarm button on the key fob, and then all the lights come on, and I can then start the car.

This isn't a fault, it's supposed to do that... but my point is, that if the car is immobilised, then it won't even try to turn over.....

My 2penneth....

oops i meant inhibitor (as per the Haywire) not immobiliser. There's obviously no spark (which I'll check when I can get someone to crank the engine over). How do I check power to the coilpack (from that multi connector on the top)?

so shall i give up on this and confine the car to just being polished and looked at then? Come on VR6 barons (Haywire, Dennis etc) help a mate out.

After 4 pages of dead ends, I'd be inclined to get it looked at professionally mate. It's impossible to fix this on a forum, somebody needs to physically look at the car I'm afraid.

OK mate, BTW, where do find the inhibitor switch as you mentioned above and what does it look like? That'll be my last effort before getting it towed the the garage.

Just thought i'd drop some feedback here. Problem looks like being with the ecu and a connector loose on the rear of the fuse panel :x . A real pain but seems to be sorted at the mo. Just like to say a big thanks to RW1 for the fantastic help time and effort to solve this one - your immense knowledge has been very useful indeed. This was one problem that an auto electrician couldnt solve. So much for THAT trade. Again, thanks very much.

Now on to the next load of little jobs.... :wink: