Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Koni Kit

Yay i recived the Koni kit i orded but i have a question

in one of the pics i have drawn a arrow pointing to some white plastic things (they have a slight concave to them on 1 side that runs full circumfrance) but i dont know what or where they a suppozed 2 do or go.

Help plz

Im guessing that they have somthing 2 do with the top mounts but i dont really know.

They either go on the rear shocks or the rear pig tail bit on the rear spings. Cant remember, it says in the instructions. Fitted this kit about two months ago.

Give us a shout if you have more trouble finding where it goes and I'll have a look for it!

Timo.

See the two metal circle things at the bottom of the picture. Those plastic things fit on top of them when you put the metal things on the rear shocks.

Timo.

Yup - seconded.

You "may" prefer to use shortened standard bumpstops than the koni items - try them and see.

under no circumstances use the standard items AND the Koni items on the same shock as I've seen... :roll:

You "may" prefer to use shortened standard bumpstops than the koni items - try them and see.

under no circumstances use the standard items AND the Koni items on the same shock as I've seen...

I think the Mk4 ones are the way to go...

See the two metal circle things at the bottom of the picture. Those plastic things fit on top of them when you put the metal things on the rear shocks.

Timo.

They're to stop the springs making a noise on the spring baseplate, as mentioned they're shown in the diagram that comes with the Konis, I've used standard bump stops cut down and the dust covers that fit to the bump stop trimmed down a bit too, I presume you don't have any dust/spray covers if you use the poly bump stops.

David.

the instructions i got are not very clear and dont even have the large disc or the plastic parts in the diagram :)

thanx 4 all your help thou.

but why do some of u think that the poly bump stops are not as good as the standard 1ns?.

i'd like to get it rite first time so i dont have 2 remove the shocks again so all opinions welcome.

no i dont have the dust covers (Gators) but i want some so will the standard 1ns fit over the shaft and shock body??

Are those poly bump stops hard or soft? they look exactly like some spax 'progressive' ones I used to run on my GTI, they were quite soft.

They gained you some extra spring travel but when the shock bottomed out you really felt it!

Koni Sport Suspension kit. How does it feel after a year's use? I'm thinking about getting one of these kits. Are they any good and how much does it lower your car by? From what I understand they lower about 25-30mm.