Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

Reflector loose in headlight??

Just changing my light bulbs and discovered my ns headlights reflector is just flopping around any ideas guys i havent taken it off yet too dark! does it just clip in or is it bonded? i see the back plastic bit is clipped to the glass lens.

also i got a headlight loom off ebay sorry i got it before i joined this forum but the ideas the same as the one the guy sells on here i think exactly how much brighter are the lighhts supposed to be mine arent that much brighter but i havent changed the mainbeam buld yet its probably as old as the car!!

also I got a headlight loom off ebay sorry I got it before I joined this forum but the ideas the same as the one the guy sells on here I think exactly how much brighter are the lights supposed to be mine aren’t that much brighter but I haven’t changed the mainbeam buld yet its probably as old as the car!!

I bought a loom from Gavin (H100VW) and my lights are a million times better, I highly recommend them. The ones on Ebay look like there not as well made and ive seen some with uninsulated connections at the relays :shock:

I don't want to sound like I am peddling my looms but the ones on ebay do not feed the main beam. Sticking bigger bulbs in the main beam you risk burning out your headlight switch. I am sure VW built in some safety but I doubt it was 4 times the intended use.

Gavin