Sign in to follow this  
trebor

modified corrado storm---DIY---buying & selling

Questions, morphology,longevity, incept-dates.

Is it wrong to modify a 96 corrado storm.. Usually I dont have a problem with it. I have had this car for over a year and not modified a thing. This is rare compared to other cars Ive owned . Maybe corrados should be left stock-- Can you honestly say that by modifying a corrado you can make it better than the orginal.

Scaning autotrader to purchase a corrado what would you prefer a stock or modified.

Ok if modified where is the line drawn; rechip, induction kits,sports exhaust...Maybe Im being a bit meladramatic its just a car....

1996 Corrado storm is no different to any another corrado bar colour maybe.....But those little red plastic badges have sort of protected it from abuse> Am I talking rubbish probably!

Mod or not to Mod .....

"Questions",""I dont have answers" ," tyrell, he knows such things"

well tbh as long as it doesn't hide its identity then i can see no problems in modding a storm just make sure the changes are reversible to original-spec without too much grief.............fitting yer schrick goodies is really uprating it so i doubt very much ppl would be put off with them.......and most ppl if they do fit them and then decide to sell the car take them off and sell them separate.....as long as you don't bastardise it with stupid bodykits then you are pretty safe

Can you honestly say that by modifying a corrado you can make it better than the orginal

hell yes! the majority of the engineering behind the C is at least 14 years old (probably an arguable point...) so things like the suspension, while good as stock, benifit from 'updating'. You can retain the standard look but use upgraded parts, for example fit better shocks and springs, but dont get lowering springs. personally i dont see anything wrong with modifying any car, with the exception of a campagin. sure the storm is rare, but so long as the cosmetic mods are reversable once it comes to selling it, i say go for it.

tbh i would prefer it to be modded, if its stock i would mod it anyway, on an older car there are items that either need upgrading due to wear and tear or just purely to improve performance

i would draw the line at body mods tho (i dont mean just grills and the like)

but bushes brakes suspension induction etc is all good

It`s your car therefore you can do what you want with it,but at the end of the day from a classic or collectors point of view standard will always be the prefered choice.As that old scouse bird on the telly says the decision is yours :!: :lol:

After reading above post. Its true, collectors want it stock and I think selling a corrado stock is a more sell-able item. However it our cars and we have to live with them. Of course we get bored. We want that low lowered look, big alloys, super fast engine and full on colour interior....

( Thread I could post...... "why do we love vw " "THINK"

answer, Its those little red badges

pablo_vr6, Tend to agree with that,modify it to your liking and then when it comes to sell change it all back.That way you get the best of both worlds you can drive it the way you like it then sell off all the suspension parts or other bits and pieces,if you decide not to buy another Corrado(whats the chances?)

I am looking for electric black leather Recaros for my Storm,but I can`t afford to keep the standard seats,question is will this make it more desirable or less original.Decisions decisions 8) :lol:

I've chosen to keep the Storm as factory, but, must admit I have been tempted to tweek.

Only small things though such as the lights and suspension.

As long as it's reversable (and most things are) I can't see people having a problem as long as the car itself has been cared for.

Apart from the AmD badges on the rear and grill, the look of my Storm is, and will remain very standard. I think tuning the engine with certain mods is ok though. I have a Ram Air induction kit (still have the air box in the garage though), Larger Throttle bodies, Milltek exhaust and a Remap. Other than the Induction kit (and the noise) you couldn't really tell the difference from a standard Storm, from its appearance.

It is hard to stop myself doing something to the cosmetics though. But staying with the original look is a conscious decision I have made and I intend to stick to it.

But those little red plastic badges have sort of protected it from abuse

Simple..! Take off the badges, sell them, and mod away with the cash raised....

Only joking of course. Keep it standard unless easily reversed. If that dredded day comes where you might have to sell then the first thing buyers ask is "is it standard".

But those little red plastic badges have sort of protected it from abuse

Simple..! Take off the badges, sell them, and mod away with the cash raised....

COOL