PhatVR6

PhatVR6's 4wd 24v Corrado (new brakes)

LOL@old giffer!

Your car looks a bit high at the front, is the power lifting the front suspension?

The rear camber looks a lot more obvious in that picture!

it's still very much work in progress

That's kind of the reason why I like it so much. The car's been a part of the forum for so long most members have seen it evolve and, I guess, will continue to do so. The point is you've taken on quite a challenge and may have inspired others to do the same by proving that it is possible to achieve great things in the garage. Like you've been heard to say in the past, it's not like you gave the car to a tuning company with a blank cheque. Anyone can do that, well anyone with deep enough pockets.

Major respect, as always, to Coxy, biggerbigben and G60Renshaw too of course.

can't wait to have a good go against you at a track day next year

Funny that, I can't wait for you to have a good go against him at a track day next year either. Battle of the Titans and all that.

Major respect, as always, to Coxy, biggerbigben and G60Jay too of course.

I appreciate it mate :D Mines been very slow going of late but I will post about it soon.

Phatty, some absolutely class shots those are. Poor Daz - he must be cursed.

I am so pleased you think the 4wd is worth it :D

yeah, it does sit a tiny bit high at the fron, even though I dropped it 5 turns and raised the back 5 turns to even it out, plus it's acellerating in that shot so it will be lifting a little.

ben, challenge accepted, I love hammering 1.8T's with ambitious power claims ;-) bring it on!

and for those on about camber, don not panic, the tyres have worn totally evenly right across. If there was no camber, they outer edge of the tyre would have been ragged to death on tha track.

Track vid from donny from my mates 1.8T mk2 golf.

http://www.20vsyncro.co.uk/videoclips/tits%20up%20at%20donny.wmv

12MB....

I enter stage left at about 3.5 mins, check out what daz (the driver) says when he noticed me out dragging him.

shame he had to retire due to lack of boost (seemed to be working fine up until that point though, and then came back on afterwards!)bloody roll on mine is shocking (as was my line through craner.... :oops: ) will get that rear ARB on before it's back on the road.

Just watched the vid from donny of your mates 1.8t. Nice tt dash, and 6 gears? Got any pics of it from the outside?

You can see the roll on yours. :lol: Looks like still holding the road well though. The drive your getting out the corners is leaving him standing!! 8) :lol: Cant quite make out what he's saying.

he's saying "no boost", then at the point I pass him he says "ooh, you t w a t!!!" hehehe.

He did have car problems that day, but just look at how slow all the other cars seem! (with the exception of the 350 bhp kit car thingy)

not now, it's off the road.

download the curborough vid on page 12 (I think) of thos thread and you'll get an idea.

ben, challenge accepted, I love hammering 1.8T's with ambitious power claims ;-) bring it on!

yeah should be able to see you off with an 80% map at the mo, when and where :lol: :lol:

Another wee pic of Paul's car from Curborough :)

Just to add to the thread :)

DSC_0071.JPG

yeah should be able to see you off with an 80% map at the mo, when and where :lol: :lol:

hehehe, my vw motorsport 6 speed and peloquin will be more than a match for the hp defecit.

mind you, you have a secret weapon up your sleeve, a smoke screen!! are you sure you could man a 20 minute track session? your fuel tank isn't big enough! :) :wink:

hehehe, my vw motorsport 6 speed and peloquin will be more than a match for the hp defecit.

mind you, you have a secret weapon up your sleeve, a smoke screen!! are you sure you could man a 20 minute track session? your fuel tank isn't big enough! :) :wink:

:lol:

"FOR SALE 1994 Corrado in Dark Burgundy Pearl (LC3U), 2.8 24V engine, Vibra-Technics engine mounts, 288mm brakes, AVO suspension, Powerflex bushes, Biege leather electric Recaro's, 17" TT Competitions, VR6 Syncro 4WD."

WHY?