Sign in to follow this  
CIPO

low speed humming/dronning

I've the same problem as "humming hubs" post but i've changed both front bearings and had the rears checked.

Had it checked at a garage and told may be the Toyo tyres.

Is this possible or what could it be. Please help! :x

check the edge of your discs ain't catching your calipers - mine had drony noise until i realised the rusted edges on both sides were rubbing :roll:

Just had new discs cos thought it was that too!!!

I really don't think it's the tyres either. Im stumpted and so is my mechanic.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!! :x

I am running std suspension. The noise has been getting progressively worse but i don't remember it being a problem when i got the tyres and rims initially. Got the Toyos on new 16" RS4 rims. The tracking and camber has been done very recently. I suppose i colud stick the std rims back on see if it does it with them on. Clutching at straws here!

Cheers for the advice so far....... :(

I've the same problem as "humming hubs" post but i've changed both front bearings and had the rears checked.

Had it checked at a garage and told may be the Toyo tyres.

Is this possible or what could it be. Please help! :x

Try buying the wife/gf some new jewellery :-P , this usually prevents any unwanted droning noises. But be warned this is not a permanent solution... :D

ive recently had this same problem, i thought it was the rear wheel bearings & so did the garage but when he road tested it it was as u say louder on smooth surface, took back to the garage lifted back end up and found out the rear n/s tyre was out of shape & that was causing the rumbling/humming, so try checking the tyre surface before suspecting wheel bearings...hope that helps.