Sign in to follow this  
Joniboy

Newbie saying Hi

Hi peeps,

Just thought I wiould say hello to you all. I use quite a few VW forums but seeing as I get my Corrado this Thursday I thought I would join here and have a chat.

This is the car I just put a deposit on:

VR6 all stock with 70k on the clock. No rust, straight as an arrow as far as I could see. When I drove it I couldnt help grinning from ear to ear :)

pics thumbnailed-vr6storm

Hi Joniboy

Congrats on a wise purchase, I bought my VR6 back in June this year, same colour as well, plus my name's Jon! Great minds think alike!

What ever anyone says about the probs with corrados, don't worry they are more than worth it!

J

Cheers guys :D

Yer I know some Corrados can have problems but this does not appear to have any.. the sunroof even tilts AND slides :shock: :wink:

Getting some 17" wheels on it pretty soon, but that is it for now. I want to enjoy it stock for a while as I modify every car I have owned. I need a break from that so bought a car that is great as a stocker with lots of potential to beef up later on.

If nothing else, just do yourself a favour and put an induction kit on it.. the noise is something else ;)

If nothing else, just do yourself a favour and put an induction kit on it.. the noise is something else ;)

Yer, so I have heard. One of the guys in the office has one on his. Think we have a spare kit knocking about in the office.. must resist, MUST RESIST!

Very, very nice C, pearl green, that's the one that was for sale in Clapham isn't it? Looked mint. Welcome to the forum.

welcome Joniboy

there are some corrado masterminds here, and me.

good luck with your vr6. its low miles, so it should be a gem. if it aint, fix it until it is. worth every penny . . . .

Hi mate, nice car 8)

As Jim says, get an induction kit. Gonna be my next mod when I get the pennies together :)

70k :shock: good find , nice and clean, green- now thats a mans colour :wink: , so are you going to mod or keep it standard ?

lupo wipers, uprated loom and a bmc induction kit, then next weekend you can do some more 8)

Would feel guilty about changing it myself. Is that the original exhaust too? Wheels look mint too. Maybe just the headlight wiring loom and then keep it in the garage just for weekends to keep the mileage down.

Well I think I will leave it pretty stock for now.

I will change the wheels eventually. I have a new headlight loom, AMD induction kit, and for some reason a MOMO steering wheel (not sure if I want to put it in) already lined up. :D

When and if the exhaust rots, it will be a stainless replacement all the way. Then I will consider engine mods and chips etc. But for now, I just wanna enjoy it.

Very, very nice C, pearl green, that's the one that was for sale in Clapham isn't it? Looked mint. Welcome to the forum.

Sure is dude. The guy selling seems tops as well.

And yes it is the original exhaust in answer to your last question :)

I think I went to see this one as well... did you buy it from Kim Speicher?? (think that was his name..) What did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

seanoVR,

Yep it was Kim. I agreed on £4800 in the end. He was asking 5k. I thought it was a bit steep but after hunting about it is actually cheaper than most considering the mileage. What did you think of it? LOL I don’t know why I ask that as I have committed to buy it now :D

Were you the guy who went on Saturday lunch time? If so, I liked your offer ;) but he certainly wasnt going to budge.

No that wasn't me mate, I actually saw the car in February when he was asking £5750 for it. It's definitely a good'un, but i didn't have the funds to buy it then!! Anyway, a month later I got a 95 VR6 in Green as well, so am now happy!! Welcome to the forum,. and enjoy the motor!! 8)

No that wasn't me mate, I actually saw the car in February when he was asking £5750 for it. It's definitely a good'un, but i didn't have the funds to buy it then!! Anyway, a month later I got a 95 VR6 in Green as well, so am now happy!! Welcome to the forum,. and enjoy the motor!! 8)

Cheers matey.. yer the guy who went on Saturday offered £4300 but I got the impression Kim thought that was a bit cheeky. I am well chuffed. If my transfers go through tomorrow, and Kim is free, I will be picking it up in the eve.

Drive it in the rain - your first "mod" will follow shortly afterwards. Standard Corrado windscreen wipers are crap.

You'll soon be down at the dealers buying some new Lupo GTI wiper arms & blades. :wink:

Drive it in the rain - your first "mod" will follow shortly afterwards. Standard Corrado windscreen wipers are crap.

You'll soon be down at the dealers buying some new Lupo GTI wiper arms & blades. :wink:

LOL. I probably will do that.. but having said that, they cant be as bad as my 1961 Beetle wipers :wink: Those things are shite!