Sign in to follow this  
headmonkey

fitting rear seat centre arm rest?

Hello.

This probably sounds like another daft newbie question but does anyone have any pics of how the rear seat centre bolster fitts in.

The bolster has a hinge bracket at the front with 4 holes in it but there dosen't seem to be a matching set of holes anywhere in the rear of my C.

Was there ever an interior that did not have a hinged bolster?

I ask this because the correct place for the hinge seems to be behind the rear ashtray but in my C this will mean that the bolster will sit over what looks like a little bits and pieces tray.

Cheers

Rick

I know there's a metal mount point under the handbrake console, the arm rest should be mounted on this thing. De handbrake console has 4 holes so the arm rest rests on it and de screw go through the console into the metal mount point.

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand this.

Dennis.be, that makes sense mate! 8)

headmonkey, sounds like your car may have come with the flat back seat so won't have the mouting points for the armrest... it's not a 2.0 is it? :?

Yes It's a 2.0L. Is there any real difference to the car beneath the handbrake console? If not then is just a case of drilling 4 screw holes? Or will I need to fabricate a mounting plate of some discription?

dunno, never even seen a flat rear seat in the flesh, so I don't know about the mounting point differences... sorry... :|

The mounting points are to the rear of the tunnel trim - between the 2 rear seat cushions.

If you have a one-peice rear seat base, you won't be able to fit the centre arm rest...

I'd been meaning to ask since I got my car if anyone can tell me what models had the rear armrest? Was it just certain models or an optional extra? Mine's a 2.0 16v with a flat back seat :( but I'd love to find a seat with armrest that I can fit.

Well I've looked under the centre tunnel trim and there is definately no mount points. But it does seem an easy job to fabricate and weld in a mounting plate. Has anyone got any pics of a centre tunnel and back seat bench with the trim and the rear seats and centre arm rest removed for an idea of how to go about it. I would also need to find a tunnel trim off of a Rado that will fit over any mount points that I end up making.

Like I said earlier, that's because the mounting points are under the one-peice seat - to the rear of the centre-tunnel trim.

You need the 2-peice rear bench to fit the centre arm rest...

Do the mounting points exist somewhere underneath the rear bench seat so it would just be a matter of swapping the whole rear seat for one with an armrest? Or were the mounting points only put in for those cars that had the centre-armrest style rear seat?

Like I said earlier, that's because the mounting points are under the one-peice seat - to the rear of the centre-tunnel trim.

Yes... :roll:

Yes... :roll:[/quote:da117]

:scratch: Where are the mounting points again mike? :joker2: :blackeye:

the actual bracket that the arm rest bolts into sits up quite high, level with the handbrake trim and is not part of the floor where the seats sit. i would imagine if the one piece rear seat is fitted this bracket would not have been spot welded in and a different trim fitted where the ash tray would normally be :|