Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Rear Corrado script badge in silver

Hey all,

It would appear I am lucky enough to be still able to get hold of these badges. Would people be interested in a group buy in bulk from my local dealership ? Just trying to gauge interest. Normal price is £9.31 + VAT each but could get 10 % discount to forum members, poss. more if I play cards right. If this proves popular, could mod's make this thread a sticky please?

Regards,

BigEastSideVWG60

well tbh most $tealer parts ppl will be able to source the badge from any other VW dealership.......if its speccy cars you're getting this from then i'm 99% sure they'll be getting it from the VW parts distribution centre so in effect that should be accessible to all....you just need to go and ask you're local $tealer parts man to locate one for you....

Sense of Deja vu here, thought I had posted this already :?

I am willing to organise this for people that are interested, so if you like one please post up in this thread,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

I'll have one.. :)

I have a feeling the dealer is either gonna tell you they can't get them ultimately, since that's what most dealers have said. But.. we'll give it a go!

That's assuming it's the standard chrome Corrado script badge we're talking about, not the horrible "Porsche style" script badges that crop up on ebay from time to time! (bleh).

I'll have one please! :) Tried a few weeks ago, but my stealer could only get primed ones :( . Good luck!

Count me in if its the real deal, local dealer couldnt source one :( question though are you intending to get the Silver primed ones or the proper chromed ones ?

Just to confirm guys that the badges I can source are available in primer ready to paint (early ones) and the later VR6 ones are available in silver (silver painted), not real chrome finish,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

Just to confirm guys that the badges I can source are available in primer ready to paint (early ones) and the later VR6 ones are available in silver (silver painted), not real chrome finish,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60

so not the proper late ones then if they are painted silver........proper late ones have a chrome finish.......this might be confusing a bit :? ............as although they ain't really chromed as such they deffo aren't painted silver

I sold some GENUINE chrome badges (not silver painted as this are not exist) a couple of weeks before.I can asure anyone here that the GENUINE CHROME "CORRADO" badges are no longer available as a spare part from VW Germany.Only the primed.

Cheers

Nick

Interesting, So what are we saying here.....exactly?. Just about to ask the very question as to where I can get my hands on a new corrado script badge ..late model. So, are there crome badges available or not? and if not how difficult would it be to crome a tired old one?

No, they ain't available. From anywhere. It's all you lot, obsessed with your cars, bought up the last lot of 'em!! ;)

I don't know how hard it is to chrome plastic, but surely it's not going to be impossible!

UPDATED

Hey all,

Just to confirm, the rear Corrado script badge in CHROME EFFECT is DEFINETELY no longer available (I stand corrected, however, on my last visit I was told they were still available) from ANYWHERE in the UK or Europe. The primed badges are still available at the same price. However, I managed to source the VERY LAST two CHROME EFFECT badges in Europe, which came from a VAG dealer in London :D At the moment I will be keeping hold of these as spares for my own C.

However, I am waiting for a price on chroming of the primed plastic Corrado badge from a local electroplaters, and if this turns out to be cost effective I may well go ahead and offer these to forum members as long as the price is reasonable and I have enough people interested. I will keep you all informed of developments,

Cheers,

BigEastSideVWG60