Sign in to follow this  
Delk

Launching

Can anyone offer advice with regards to the best methods of Launching i.e. for 1/4 drag events? what's the best way to get maximum grip without too much clutch wear?

And also, suggested places to practice?? Cos I think doing it off traffic lights is somewhat brainless.

Thanks,

Delk

Most people practice in the local Tesco car park. Don't forget to take your homies along to sit on the bonnet while you *ahem* warm the tyres up.

Right, I'm off to buy shares in Burberry. ;)

I say the only good place to practice is the strip because no road surface is quite the same.

What car and performane are you driving that you need to practice your starts?

Practicing your starts is all well and good, but it all goes to pot when your are sat there pre staged creeping forward to staged trying to syke out the other driver, as the adrenaline starts to take effect, your clutch foot starts to shake, you see the stage liges come on, the tree counts down and you either stall or sit there rewarming your tires!

Or is that just me haha! :oops:

I say the only good place to practice is the strip because no road surface is quite the same.

What car and performane are you driving that you need to practice your starts?

Practicing your starts is all well and good, but it all goes to pot when your are sat there pre staged creeping forward to staged trying to syke out the other driver, as the adrenaline starts to take effect, your clutch foot starts to shake, you see the stage liges come on, the tree counts down and you either stall or sit there rewarming your tires!

Or is that just me haha! :oops:

I'm currently driving a fairly stripped out Greg CRX with a B18c6 engine :twisted: