Sign in to follow this  
andycowuk

Loss of peak power.....suggestions

Could this be the infamous 'worn dizzy' thing?

Does the G60 ECU support data logging? You need to have a look at the fuelling map and knock tables.

Standard chip you say? Are you running the stock pulley on the charger too? Either way with the mods you have i would imagine your flowing a fair bit more air which in turn is gonna need more fuel. I'd say you want to get it on the rollers with a gas analyser and see what the mixture is up to.... then get one of those nice SNS chips.

Alternatively get one of those Air fuel guages which hooks onto your existing Lambda... they are far from ideal but they will at least give you some idea of when your car is running rich or lean.... i know back when i hooked one of these up it helped me find many little gremlins including bad earths, a broken ide switch and gave me a worrying look at the imfamous "dighifant delay"!

yes, its a stock pulley. Last time it was on the rollers, the gas analyser said lean up to about 4k, changing to rich up top - most probable cause for this is digilag. I have an afr gauge in the car, and it indicates that things are ok......

yes, its a stock pulley. Last time it was on the rollers, the gas analyser said lean up to about 4k, changing to rich up top - most probable cause for this is digilag. I have an afr gauge in the car, and it indicates that things are ok......

Andrew, a in-car afr gauge will only tell you when the engine is about to die. these are not accurate enough for setting your engine up my friend. either take it to someone with a wide-band or alternativley invest in a LM1. this piece of equipment will read all of your afr with complete accuracy.